The Mozilla Firefox Platform Graphics team is a community of engineers who care deeply about the visual experience of using the browser. We are the team responsible for rendering the content & UI of the browser, decoding images, canvas & WebGL, painting & compositing everything you see on the screen. Are you an effective Software Engineer who loves collaborating with & leading driven, committed team members to help bring the Open Web to millions of people? We'd love to hear from you.
Our team is geographically-distributed, & working in the open is the norm. You can expect to work on the code driving the Firefox browser on a number of platforms - Android, Windows, Linux, & OS X. Our focus is on writing fast, lightweight & maintainable code to make Firefox great for users.
We are looking for Engineers with experience in C++ and/or Rust. Youll be responsible for writing code, tests, specifications, building prototypes, solving problems, & analyzing data. You are a self-starter who wants to have a direct, immediate impact on the web.
What Youll Do
- Work cooperatively with other Mozillians to identify & correct issues, & ask for help as needed
- Write high-quality, performant, open source, & standards compliant code
- Develop innovative graphics techniques, algorithms & tools to maximize the graphics quality & performance of Firefox
- Participate in regular code reviews, team meetings & planning
- Help triage & test bugs, taking the initiative to drill down to root causes & explore potential solutions
We value a variety of voices on the Graphics Team & at Mozilla. You don't need to check every box on this list to apply:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Computer science or similar field
- Experience developing C/C++ and/or Rust applications
- Strong debugging & optimization skills in a multi-threaded environment
- Experience with memory & performance optimizations tools
- Experience with GPU & CPU optimizations
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Proven record of finishing projects where the work spans several months
- Ability to quickly learn & be effective with a large code base
- Experience participating & contributing to open source projects a plus
Bonus points if you have any of the following:
- Familiarity with Android application programming, profiling & debugging
- Knowledge of a range of Graphics APIs & shader languages
- Knowledge of GPU Architectures & design
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform & help create more opportunity & innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.