Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are looking for a talented, technical, proactive, energetic, & passionate person who embraces challenges & is a proven problem solver. You will be a part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of REST Service APIs, SQLdatabases, & Web Front-End User Interfaces that are highly functional, secure, scalable, & robust. You will own & drive projects from start (gathering requirements) to finish (release into production).As a Senior Software Engineer on the Security & Compliance team, you will working closely with our product partners & developers to build our open systems transactional platform.
- Develop API based applications using C#, .NET Core/.NET 4.5+ utilizing Microsoft tools such as Visual Studio.
- Design, develop, document & implement new functionality, as well as build enhancements, modifications, & corrections to existing software.
- Create documentation & procedures for installation & maintenance.
- Build & maintain relationships with global & virtual teams on software development or support issues.
- Engage with Quality Assurance team members on defect triage & resolution.
- Work as part of a development team & establish close working relationships with stake holders, quality assurance, architects, management & peers in engineering.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements & refinements to standards & processes.
- Prepare design documents; evaluate & recommend solutions to meet user requirements; define & implement solutions.
- Participate in the Agile process including stand-up meetings, sprint planning, reviews & retrospectives.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Internships with API or UI front end development experience
- Expert knowledge with JAVA and/or .NET technologies
- Expert diagraming solutions (flow, block, logical)
- Expert knowledge of Security & Authentication standards & technologies like OAuth
- Expert building Hypermedia-based REST APIs
- Experience architecting solutions with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery in mind
- Knowledgeable about Database technologies like Microsoft SQL, Oracle or Hadoop
- Knowledgeable about network architecture, VIPS, & Firewalls
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
- Incumbent is expected to work during core business hours
- Incumbent will be expected to travel less than 5%
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.