SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. ASIC SOC STA ENGINEER (STARLINK)
Would you like to become part of team developing silicon for Starlink's low earth orbit satellites that deliver broadband connectivity to the people who either do not have access to internet or have spotty connectivity? Come join the team working on silicon projects that are driving more integration, lower power, mixed signal architectures & next generation silicon technology for deployment in space & ground infrastructures.
- Ownership of full chip & block level timing closure throughout the entire project cycle (RTL, synthesis & physical implementation)
- Develop synthesis scripts & work with design team to evaluate different approaches & devise the best method to synthesize blocks
- Drive & define timing signoff criterion, methodology, constraints, & constraint sign-off & structural checks impacting timing
- Generate block & full chip timing constraints
- Work with physical design team to close & sign-off on timing
- Bachelors degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science
- 5+ years of experience working with ASICs
- Experience with synthesis, STA tools & flow
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience solving complex problems including clock domain crossings & power optimization
- Experience with ASIC design flow, methodologies, physical design & verification
- Knowledge of timing corners/modes, process variations & signal integrity related issues
- Familiar with advanced silicon process & technology nodes for high speed & low power consumption
- Experience in writing ASIC timing constraints & timing closure
- Experience with high reliability design & implementations
- Strong scripting skills (csh/bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Familiar with implementation or integration of design blocks using Verilog/System Verilog
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing needs & requirements
- Team-player, can-do attitude & ability to work well in a group environment while still contributing on an individual basis
- Enjoys being challenged & learning new skills
- Must be willing to travel when needed (typically <10%)
- Willing to work extended hours & weekends as needed
- This position can be based in either Redmond, WA or Irvine, CA
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.