Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 60,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our upskilling & reskilling initiatives. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The VP People is responsible for providing human resources leadership to align GAs strategic priorities with capabilities required to deliver on GAs mission, goals & culture. As trusted advisor to the CEO & Senior Leadership Team, the VP People is responsible for all people related strategies to drive engagement, inspiration, transparency & motivation across the GA teams & in alignment with Global Talent Solutions. Leading transformation initiatives that impact GAs growth & strategy implementation will be a key responsibility of the VP People. The VP People will report to the Global Head HR Talent Solutions, with a matrix reporting line into the CEO of GA. The position is located in the US.
- Develop & implement global HR strategies in support of the overall business plan & in line with the strategic direction of GA
- Play a key advisory role in GAs organization design & development to support rapid growth & drive integration while maintaining employee engagement
- Drive the evolution of a truly global, high performing & collaborative culture through active engagement with colleagues & by delivering initiatives to drive GAs culture, vision & values in alignment with The Adecco Group
- Steer the Diversity & Inclusion function to drive D&I initiatives globally that support the vision & values of GA & The Adecco Group
- Develop & utilize data analysis to anticipate talent needs & provide insights to the business for competitive decision making
- Collaborate in a matrix environment, working closely with HR teams globally to design, harmonize & deliver efficient processes, policies, & services to meet the needs of the business
- Challenge the status quo & define innovative ways of working to best serve GAs customers
- Build on the strong GA employer brand & deliver on the promise of transforming lives through education by increasing awareness & promote the GA brand externally
- Proactively manage talent management & development initiatives to ensure the business is future proofed by ensuring talent is available, retained & able to meet future growth opportunities
- Promote a collaborative culture across GA & The Adecco Group & act as a highly visible role model of exceptional performance & teamwork
- Build a winning reputation by creating strong relationships & trust, innovative People practices, & inspiring teams & leaders towards outstanding People outcomes
- Oversee the deployment of competitive & compliant remuneration frameworks in line with market practice & relevant regulations
Desired Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years of relevant international experience leading a global human resources operation, ideally in the services, human capital solutions, education and/or otherwise relevant B2B/B2C industry
- Successful track record in managing large scale business transformation & post-merger integration initiatives in an international environment
- Experience in working at an early stage, high-growth organization, as well as large globally scaled business. Working with a founder-led company a plus.
- Team player with proven success in partnering with Senior Leadership Teams, senior business leaders, direct reports & global colleagues
- Polished communicator & thought leader able to represent the GAs people strategy in diverse settings including client meetings, social media, conferences etc
- Strong commitment & track record in driving inclusion & diversity initiatives
- Expertise in creating & delivering people strategies that add measurable efficiency at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional strategic planning ability coupled with an operational perspective to help drive synergies across the organization
- Reputation of credibility, uncompromising ethics & proven success as an intuitive & trusted advisor & partner to a senior leadership
Drives Vision & Purpose - Painting a compelling picture of the vision & strategy that motivates others to action.
Business Insight - Applying knowledge of business & the marketplace to advance the organizations goals.
Decision Quality - Making good & timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Strategic Mindset - Seeing ahead to future possibilities & translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Builds Effective Teams - Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills & perspectives to achieve common goals.
Courage - Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
Manages Ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence & trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Values Differences - Recognizing the value that different perspectives & cultures bring to an organization.
Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
Cultivates Innovation - Creating new & better ways for the organization to be successful.
Organizational Savvy - Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, & people related organizational dynamics.