The Company: As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized bycom as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards. We now need an Assistant Construction Manager to assist in the design & execution of future projects in the United States & around the world.
AeroFarms strategic goal is to enable local production at commercial scale in various markets globally. Specifically, we are focused on developing local farms that produce quality, flavorful, safe, pesticide-free, grown produce that can be easily traced from farm to fork through a simple & transparent supply chain. In our strategy to enhance our competitive advantage, we are seeking innovative, committed, individuals who can share in our long-term goals & sustainability efforts. Ultimately, at AeroFarms we are striving to transform agriculture.
Position Summary: As Legal Counsel for AeroFarms you will be responsible for helping us build the company by providing support to various corporate & transaction-related matters, including contract review, HR/employment, compliance, transactions/investments, & general legal matters.
Essential Dugies & Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily, other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide leadership & support relating to general corporate legal matters, good corporate governance, & company relationships with employees, customers, vendors, investors, partners & regulatory agencies
- Be pro-active in working with areas of the business to de-risk where problems may occur
- Provide legal support to various business units that will include, among other things, document drafting & contract review
- Knowledge of UCC, commercial law, contracts & customary terms & conditions for supply, operations, & R&D type matters
- Experience with investments, JVs, acquisitions & related corporate finance transaction
- Ability to create & support standardized legal templates for companys routine needs
- Assist HR team on employee issues for exempt & non-exempt staff; familiarity with employment statutes required
- Review contracts, policies & procedures & other documents for validity, content, accuracy, & compliance
- Draft contracts, policies & procedures, & other legal documents
- Familiarity with intellectual propertypatents, trademarks & copyrights
- Maintain contract management system
- Manage & work with external counsel
- Educate & train relevant people internally to better manage legal considerations
- Litigation experience helpful
- International experience a plus
- JD & NJ Bar Membership (or ability to obtain NJ in counsel license)
- At least 5-7 years of experience, & ideally a combination of law firm & in-house experience
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with a client service attitude
- Strong attention to detail & strong documentation drafting & review skills
- Good business judgement & the ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment, while being results orientated
- Ability to be responsive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be organized & able to handle multiple tasks with multiple deadlines
- Must be able to engage at all levels of the organization
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties & standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, & perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.