Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
Customer Experience lives & breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. We've been called fit gurus, personal stylists, shipping virtuosos, & even fashion therapists. From styling advice to troubleshooting orders to offering a confidence boost when needed, we're ready to help with anything. Customer Experience is truly the heart of our business & has a major impact on our continued success.
About the Job:
As the Director of Training & Quality Development, you will own the end to end strategy for the Training & Quality Development team for the Customer Experience Department.
The Training & Quality Development team is responsible for making sure every touch point with our customers is flawless - positive, empowering & tailored to our customers unique needs. Through a thorough onboarding process, continuous education program & a regular cadence of scoring & coaching in partnership with the Team Leads, the Training & Quality Development team ensures that all agents are adhering to the highest standards of quality.
What You'll Do:
- Lead & develop Manager of Training & Quality Assurance Associates
- Continuous improvement & innovation to Training program for Customer Experience Department including onboarding & ongoing training
- Partners with Manager of Training to implement a process to better evaluate training & Trainer effectiveness
- Researches & keeps current on the latest training trends, design, methodology & best practices
- Continuous improvement & innovation to Quality Development program for Customer Experience Department
- Sets quality standards for the Customer Experience Department in collaboration with operational partners. Ensures that the quality methodologies align with business objectives.
- Effectively liaises between Training & Quality Development teams & stakeholders across a variety of departments throughout the organization (Marketing, Product, Technology, Recruitment, HR) to support product launches, key business objectives, new education opportunities, etc.
- Assesses technology needs to better train a scaled, decentralized workforce while also managing to overarching Training & Quality Development budget
- Owns the end to end life-cycle coordination for & maintains strong relationships with our vendors.
- Works with the Learning & Development team to incorporate company-wide core competencies into overall training plans
What you need:
- You have 7+ years of quality assurance & training experience including course design & supervision/management of a training team.
- You have a BS / MS in Human Resources, Learning & Development, Organizational Psychology or another relevant field
- You have a passion for continuous improvement, data-driven decision making, ongoing learning, & testing new ideas
- You are comfortable adapting to rapidly shifting goals/priorities & navigating teams through change
- Youre an excellent communicator, across all levels & mediums
- You love motivating & inspiring a team to work towards a common goal
- You have experience managing teams virtually & keeping associates engaged
- You are familiar with various methods of course design for both groups & individuals, including remote training
- You have a passion for continuous improvement, ongoing learning, & testing new ideas
- You have a strong background in customer-centric roles
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.