The Brooklinen team is looking for a Director of Finance to lead our finance function, overseeing budgeting, forecasting, & financial planning. Reporting to the CEO, youll analyze nearly every aspect of our business & provide critical insights to help drive our biggest business decisions.
Were looking for a super data-driven, highly analytical person who knows the right questions to ask & has the curiosity & skill set to get the answers. In this role, youll lead our finance function & build out a team soon after you join.
What youll do
- Build out (and maintain) a series of financial models to analyze & report on the most critical aspects of our business
- Develop the weekly business review process & report key business metrics & insights to the leadership team
- Leverage & refine our forecasting process with the goal of enabling us to estimate financial results across the company & optimize our key performance drivers
- Partner with our team leaders to review business results, create/review budgets, & uncover insights to drive business growth
- Play a large role in investor relations, working with our CEO to prepare key business insights, catering to different types of audiences & using analytics to tell compelling stories
- Oversee our spend & vendor management - partner with our accounting firm & oversee Staff Accountant on month-end & year-end closing processes
- Hire, mentor, & lead a growing finance team across FP&A & accounting
What were looking for
- 8+ years of finance experience - for this role, prior experience working within a high-growth ecommerce business (and analyzing both inventory & marketing spend) is a must
- Prior investment banking experience, particularly in the consumer/retail group, is a plus
- Exceptionally strong modeling & analytical skills (Excel & PowerPoint ace) with an endless curiosity that enables us to uncover meaningful insights to drive our business
- Someone who is comfortable working in the grey & pulling together relevant insights from a variety of data sources
- The ability to build processes & systems from the ground up & thrive in a high-growth, ever-changing environment (you have a perspective on how things should be done but are flexible & adaptable enough to love working at a startup)
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, & passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job & so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs & hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (weve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, & obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. Were growing rapidly, so weve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects & business needs pop up every single day, & we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff youd expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning & development, fun team outings, & much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - were passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community & creating an environment where our differences are celebrated.We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, & abilities & cant wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, & anything that doesnt add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics & bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews & been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ & more.