Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
The Stack Overflow, Business helps software teams build better, faster, & easier by equipping them with Stack Overflows unique & industry-leading solution for developer enablement. The Account Executive is responsible for driving revenue, along with developing & nurturing relationships with key mid-market accounts & partners. This role will report into the Managing Director, Teams.
What youll do:
- Respond to incoming leads & prospect for new business
- Develop relationships with a set number of key strategic accounts within a geographic region
- Begin to map-out or blueprint account stakeholders & buying processes through the development of relationships at prospect accounts
- Manage the full sales cycle including lead generation, cold calling, & managing relationships
- Serve as a key representative of the customer voice in the product development process internally & work with other members of the team to drive advancement of the product & overall business
- Work with the Managing Director, Teams & sales operations team to develop & evolve the sales process & associated infrastructure
- Work closely & in alignment with Customer Success team to ensure successful deployments & continued account growth
- Begin to uncover the specific pains of the various stakeholders & work to build strategies to trigger, drive & engage opportunities
- Provide feedback & viewpoint from the customer & sales team to help improve the Stack Overflow Teams product & business
What youll need to have:
- 3-5 years of direct sales experience
- Experience working with mid-market accounts
- Strong communicator able of working across teams & departments
- Able to craft engaging messages & stories that connect clients to the Stack Overflow for Teams solution
- Comfortable with all aspects of lead generation including cold-calling & relationship building
- Passionate about the Stack Overflow story & our global connection to developers & ways that we can help them learn, share & level up
- Strong room presence at the Director level or above
- Strong work ethic & attention to detail
What youll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, & free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.