Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
To ensure that Visa's payment technology is truly available to everyone, everywhere requires the success of our key bank or merchant partners & internal business units. The Global Data Science group supports these partners by using our extraordinarily rich data set that spans more than 3 billion cards globally & captures more than 100 billion transactions in a single year. Our focus lies on building creative solutions that have an immediate impact on the business of our highly analytical partners. We work in complementary teams comprising members from Data Science & various groups at Visa across regions.
This position is at Visa's offices in Miami, Florida.
- Drive value from Visa's unique global data assets in order to answer critical questions for the Cross-border business unit.
- Will be part of a Global Data Science team responsible for blueprinting & delivering analytic projects that solve cross-border business objectives.
- Develop Metrics & use dashboards to quantify current state & to monitor progress across markets & segments using consistent definitions
- Conduct client & portfolio level analytics to size opportunities & to derive actionable insights for account teams
- Develop & Leverage Consumer segmentation & targeting models to enable tailoring of programs in the markets
- Leverage Forecasting models to enable proactive planning of investments & actions
- Monitor program effectiveness to ensure value quantification of efforts
- Share learning & leverage best practices across groups
- Draw data-driven insights & make actionable recommendations that reflect the specific business & context
- Utilize Hadoop, & related query engines such as Hive to perform advanced data mining
- Apply statistical solutions to business problems, to develop high-level deliverables & communicate data & technical concepts to a business audience
- Define detailed analytic scope & methodology, & create analytic plans.
- Execute on the analytic plans with appropriate data mining & analytic techniques.
- Present analytics, insights & recommendations to a non-technical audience
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-10% of the time
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Master's, MBA, JD, MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Minimum of12 years of analytical experience in applying solutions to business problems
- Post Graduate degree in a Quantitative field
- Hands on experience with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as SAS/Hive/R/SQL/Python
- Strong preference for bilingual abilities: able to read, write & speak Spanish proficiently
- Prior experience in payments or financial services industry preferred
- Experience in the application of predictive modeling & machine learning techniques
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, & managing multiple analytic projects with diverse cross-functional stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to innovate solutions to solve business problems
- Results oriented with strong analytical & problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor
- Good business acumen with strong ability to solve business problems through data driven quantitative methodologies. Experience in payment, retail banking, or retail merchant industries is preferred
- Understanding of Cards/Payments & Banking business model would be a plus
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, & flexible style, with the ability to tailor data driven results to various audience levels
- Detail oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
- Proven skills in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations, & delivery
- Experience in presenting ideas & analysis to stakeholders
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity & strive to continually learn
- Experience with managing project teams & providing direction & thought leadership
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.