At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live & get around our communities. Lyfts engineering team is growing rapidly, & we are looking for Technical Program Managers to help us scale. Come be part of a new team at Lyft focused on enabling & empowering engineering teams to deliver at scale.
Technical Program Managers at Lyft drive cross-functional initiatives, leveraging strong leadership, planning, communication, & collaboration skills. Our TPMs are technically strong with software engineering or systems engineering experience. They are problem solvers who make things happen around them by setting clear goals & inspiring teams to deliver. TPMs at Lyft are both strategic & tactical & do what it takes to successfully deliver key programs that have a material impact on the business.
We are seeking technically strong Technical Program Managers with a passion for infrastructure, enabling growth at scale via distributed computing, & ensuring engineers are highly productive every day. We work on projects that provide the foundation for product delivery, growth, & efficiency. In this role you will collaborate within engineering & across the company on programs that enable us to scale to meet Lyfts demanding growth.
- Lead iterative delivery of strategic cross-functional initiatives from concept to ship, through focus, transparency, communication, visibility, & accountability
- Leverage deep technical expertise with large-scale, distributed 24x7 production systems to build comprehensive plans, to identify risks, & to ensure smooth project launches with a goal of delighting our passengers & drivers
- Partner with engineering, product, & business leadership to build highly collaborative teams & to enhance communication across teams & stakeholders
- Identify & resolve systemic issues impacting Lyft engineering & aggressively take action to resolve
- 4+ years as a TPM, engineering or product leader
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver complex projects iteratively with multiple dependencies & constraints, in a highly dynamic & agile environment
- Proven ability to operate effectively & autonomously across multiple teams in situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high level direction
- Experience building roadmaps, release plans, project plans with a thorough understanding of dependency management
- Able to communicate highly technical problems & solutions at all levels from engineer to partner to C-level executives
- Able to influence, negotiate & inspire others in a matrixed environment
- Excellent organization, planning skills, & attention to detail
- Experience delivering projects in large-scale, distributed production systems & 24x7 production operations
- At least two years of software engineering or systems engineering experience
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.