Minimum Experience: 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices,attained unicorn status after our recent investment round,and been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds."
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
You're an experienced software engineer with superb software development skills interested in helping us sort, analyze & deliver relevant information from terabytes of unstructured social media data. As well as setting technical direction for significant parts of our microservices based architecture, you'll mentor & train other engineers & be thinking about how to make the team more effective every day.
What you've done before:
- Built back end systems to analyze massive amounts of data.
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving skills & solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, including commonly used algorithms & data structures.
- Worked with distributed systems using microservices architecture.
- Built applications with OO languages (preferably in Java or Scala), using SQL & NoSQL data stores, & run them in containers in a cloud environment.
- Led important initiatives & mentored junior engineers.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
In this role, you will build the services & underlying infrastructure that allows us to deal with terabytes of unstructured data and:
- contribute code to production systems from the get-go.
- spend time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on our tech stack & infrastructure with overview sessions & deep dives with your team.
- mentor more junior members of our growing team.
- design significant features that impact multiple platforms & apps.
- own portions of our product suite & be responsible for reliability & scalability.
- bring new ideas to our engineering-wide processes to help us improve constantly.
- be influential in planning the next iterations of our architecture as we strive to get more alerts to our clients faster & with near-perfect reliability.
Why you should work here:
We recognize & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own & drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning & Development fund & professional training.
- generous leave & flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.