At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is committed to building transportation that empowers people to move around their neighborhood & city without owning a car. Specifically, our goal for solving last mile mobility is to lay the foundation for winning on bikes & scooters.
As an Associate for this team, you will be the voice of Lyft, fielding escalations from riders on social media, phone, & email. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about customer experience & knows what it means to go above & beyond as an advocate for the Lyft community. You must be calm in the face of a storm, caring & compassionate, & is able to have a strong sense of empathy in difficult situations. Our team consists of Associates supporting customers across phone, email & social media.
- Create an exceptional, personalized service experience for Lyft users
- Handle escalations for our riders & provide internal support for our teams & partners
- Provide friendly, timely support to Lyft riders via phone, email & social media
- Troubleshoot user problems with the Lyft app
- Document all support contacts in a CRM system
- Make recommendations based on feature requests & bugs reported by users
- Be a community advocate for Lyft
- 1+ years experience in customer service or call center a plus, but not mandatory
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Flexible schedule, willing to work off hours & weekends.
- Basic knowledge of Twitter & Facebook platforms
- Computer proficiency required
- Friendly & enthusiastic, social personality
- Dependable & punctual with time management skills
- Strong writing skills & impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrates empathy & the ability to take initiative on doing the right thing for the customer
- Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively to resolve difficult situations
- Ability to quickly learn web-based user support applications
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change & uncertainty
- High level of comfort & familiarity with smartphone applications (iPhone & Android)
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.