Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, & technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one weve made to our customers, doctors, & partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Capsule has raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet & healthcare investors in the world.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates needs & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & have a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
While Capsule HQ is located in New York City & we have a preference for candidates in or around NYC, this role can be located anywhere in the United States.
About the Role:
As the Director of Product of Internal Operations you will manage & grow the team of product managers that drive the core product infrastructure & tools enabling Capsule's operational teams (Pharmacists, Operations, & Support) to deliver the world's best pharmacy experience. This includes everything from the communication tools used for real-time communication with our customers, to CapOS our core workflow management software that assigns & keeps status of every fulfillment step of every order, to our logistics software that ensures every medication is properly packed & routed for an on-time same day delivery by one of our couriers. You will focus on prioritizing improvements that not only improve the end-user experience but also drive increased accuracy & efficiency through automation & manual workflow simplification. This is a high impact role that will help drive some of our most important customer facing & internal product initiatives forward.
Some of the things youll work on:
- Own & drive the roadmap & product strategy for your team to drive a magical consumer experience & drive to company objectives.
- Deeply understand the needs of our customers & the levers for the business to develop hypotheses on how product can drive value for the customer & for Capsule.
- Drive execution for your product managers, ensuring alignment with product design, engineering, operations & other stakeholders to reliably ship products that delight our users & advance our mission of reconnecting medication into healthcare.
- Leverage qualitative & quantitative learnings to develop a deep intuition for what is important to our users (customers, doctors & partners, internal teams), & use that to drive your squads roadmap & help shape the overall product strategy.
- Define what success looks like, & then ensure that we have the data in place to measure our progress. Rally your team around what winning looks like & how we get there.
- You are passionate about creating delightful user experiences for both external customers, but also internal employees thru operational tools.
- You are excited about building the future of healthcare: weaving technology & brand into a seamless experience for consumers, medical providers who partner with us, & the broader healthcare system.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates & you give & get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better & be successful.
- You work hard & want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins & remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast & right & don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision & accuracy & where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed & challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form & live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility & value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- You are able to think strategically about Capsules short & long-term objectives while relentlessly advocating for our customers.
- You leverage data (both qualitative & quantitative) to inform your decisions & help others inform theirs. You know how to extract insights from data (SQL skills a strong plus) & synthesize user feedback into actions.
- You have 8+ years in a product management experience. Start-up experience required.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, & believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, religion, disability, & veteran status.