At Lyft, a community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live & get around our communities. Lyfts Bikes & Scooters team is growing rapidly, & we are looking for amazing Planning & Logistics professionals to help us scale. Come be part of a new team at Lyft focused on enabling & empowering a whole new business to deliver at scale.
This exciting role will be focused on hardware solutions to meet our riders last mile needs on Bikes & Scooters. Read more here!
- Assess supplier production control & quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectation, & directly secure agreement to correct.
- Evaluate & communicate the yield of new & existing processes.
- Establish validation procedures to determine acceptance of tooling into development builds as well as mass production.
- Develop & implement quality inspection tools including audit procedures
- Identify & direct studies to implement improvements in measuring method where appropriate.
- Plan, propose, & lead experiments to produce timely & accurate analyses used to drive design, development, & supply chain decisions.
- Drive process development & capability assessment activities, reviewing part design documentation to ensure alignment with process capability.
- Review supplier tool design, process flow, equipment selection, DFM, & DOE proposals. Identify shortfalls & corrective actions to ensure design compliance.
- Assess supplier readiness to support build events & production ramp. Identify potential execution issues & provide recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Ability to travel internationally 20%
Experience & Skills:
- BS/BA degree, or 5+ years of industry experience
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills; able to work in a large cross- functional team environment
- Familiar with optical inspection/metrology, mechanical metrology system qualification process such as GRR, Correlation, Stability & Reliability
- Expert understanding of geometric dimensioning & tolerancing
- Excellent data analysis, statistics, documentation, communication, project management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
- Able & willing to travel internationally
- Prior experience working with overseas vendors
- Self starter able to define engineering tasks to meet project objectives & ability to quickly learn new processes with limited information provided
- Positive customer-first attitude
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.