View All Jobs
Are you equally excited about charting new product territory & optimizing existing journeys? Do you design A/B tests in your sleep? Are you obsessed with connecting user value to business value? Then this role is for you!
Were looking for an experienced & empathetic Product Manager who is excited about solving real problems for real people as well as defining & building out new monetization strategies for those solutions. This role is entrusted with helping our users with all of the big & small actions required to move their lives from their old home to their new home.
Moving is one of the most universally relatable problems. Everyone has moved at least once & everyone thinks moving is painful. Updater is solving that pain at scale. Were a well funded & growth-focused company, with technology that touches nearly 50% of all household moves in the US annually, and were growing quickly.
As Product Manager for the Updater Core Experience, youll apply product management best practices to lead the team through a re-definition of the Updater core product offering. Youll collaborate with world-class startup teams of Product Design, Engineering, Data, Marketing, & Business in our beautiful office overlooking Union Square.
Youll also have a huge impact on Product culture at Updater. While the company has been around for a few years, our Product organization is small (but growing!). Youll report to a Senior Product Manager & have the opportunity to influence not only your product area, but the evolving role of the Product team & the direction of the business as a whole. Its a unique opportunity to have both the stability of secure funding & huge market share, plus the fast-paced, high-ownership environment of a younger startup.
About the Role
- Drive product development in partnership with Design, Data, & Tech Lead partners
- Partner with the Product Lead to set the team strategy & goals
- Communicate to the Executive Lead on progress towards goal
- Run user, competitor, & market research
- Size, refine, & prioritize potential opportunities
- Write clear, efficient product specs
- Execute concept testing from low fidelity to high fidelity
- Continuously propose new experiments to improve conversion & user engagement
- Partner with the data team to uncover insights that fuel the next iteration of Updater core features
- Collaborate with Customer Success & Support to close the feedback loop on client & resident experience
- Evaluate & communicate progress to stakeholders & the team
- Empathy: you strive to see the world from your customers point of view in order to anticipate their needs
- Humility: you have an opinion, but arent afraid to be proven wrong, & are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem
- Strong Communication: Optimism & a forward-looking attitude with a clear, inspiring communication style
- Comfortable with Ambiguity: youre used to being asked open-ended questions & whittling them down to questions that can be answered by hard data
- 2-4 years of experience in product management, at least 1 year focused on consumer-facing, mobile-centric experiences
- A desire for collaboration & knowledge of how to drive decision-making
- Experience collecting & using qualitative & quantitative data to uncover actionable insights & drive forward decisions
- Strong experience in setting hypotheses, deciding between various types of testing (A/B, multivariate, interviews, surveys, etc), & leading efficient test execution
- Knowledge of how to balance data with intuition when necessary
- Experience with Sketch, InVision, Webflow, Zeplin, UserTesting, Optimizely (or similar)
- A passion for user research & user testing, & experience analysis of user feedback & behavior
- Experience as a strategic product thinker, a collaborator, & a champion of the user
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV & internet, & much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily & relocation companies) rely on Updaters real estate products to save clients hours with a branded & personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors), & more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list, & ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.