At Fandom, we put fans first. As the largest entertainment site with 330 million monthly uniques , we are excited in taking the next steps in becoming a truly integral part of the entertainment fan experiencenot only by accelerating the creation of the reference content we are known for but also by helping fellow fans connect over their passions through new avenues of content creation while aiding the discovery of their next favorite entertainment titles.
We are seeking an experienced & energized Director, Global Talent Acquisition to build & lead our workforce function globally & must thrive in a highly dynamic & evolving environment. The Director, Global TA will report into the Chief People Officer & manage a global team. With offices worldwide, this talent leader will be ideally located in San Francisco & travel up to 20% of the time to manage a distributed team of over 5 employees that spans senior recruiter to coordinator levels across the US & EMEA.
About Your Role:
Make the recruitment machine at Fandom hum! Establish/rebuild Talent Acquisition processes & ensure great experiences for our hiring managers, & a sense of hospitality for our candidates. As the owner of KPIs & metrics, develop a team that is data-centric & skilled with the Talent Acquisition tech stack & resources required. Partner with the People Team on compensation benchmarking, career development, company culture initiatives, on-boarding, employer branding, diversity & inclusion programs, rewards & recognition, & training. Own the onboarding process for both new hires & acquihires, extending the concept of hospitality into their first days, weeks, & months at Fandom. Drive the ebb & flow of hiring globally & as an ambassador for Fandom & our People Team, express the values & culture in every single one of your interactions.
You will help with...
- Workforce Planning: Drive workforce planning & forecasting. Leverage data to develop both short-term & long-term recruiting plans. Perform recruiting capacity planning & balance hiring resources (in-house, agency, etc.) to ensure the right resource allocation to support the business.
- Recruiting Leadership: Lead & direct a resourceful, proactive, & solution-oriented recruiting department. Guide the team to execute against objectives & adjust to shifting organizational priorities. Provide guidance, share knowledge, create, leverage best practices, & facilitate training. Provide feedback & coaching to develop & scale the talent acquisition team for growth & global reach.
- Applicant Tracking, Metrics & Reporting: Determine recruiting strategy to achieve company growth objective with targets & KPIs to measure talent acquisition success. Optimize ATS (Greenhouse) to ensure maximum value & usability, & ensure interoperability with HCM (BambooHR) for onboarding. Monitor & review progress against recruitment goals & objectives & analyze recruiting activity & metrics to provide insights & recommendations as needed. Develop reports & dashboards & routinely communicate status & progress to leadership.
- Program Development: Own & drive the development of recruiting programs including interview guides, interviewer training, candidate assessment/calibration, referrals, internships, & outreach recruiting. Develop programs that are creative, transformative, & support the short & long-term goals & vision of the company. Develop & execute diversity & inclusion recruitment strategies & embed into programs & practices.
- Candidate Experience: Drive engagement with candidates using personalization & proactive, customized interaction. Partner with hiring teams, IT, Workplaces, & other stakeholders to continually refine & deliver a compelling candidate & new-hire experience.
- Onboarding: Design & orchestrate orientation programs (first day, first week, first month & first quarter) & organize broader teams to enable new employees to ramp up quickly. Ensure a smooth admin process (new info to the HCM for payroll, for example) & provide appropriate communication with new hires prior to start date to provide necessary information to ensure a smooth onboarding. Gather candidate experience feedback from new hires.
- 10+ years of overall recruiting leadership experiencethe majority of which should be technical & business recruiting in a fast-growth technology company
- Self-awareness & ability to continually learn & improve
- Proven track record of developing people & leading high-performing teams
- Ability to maintain focus & keep a strong eye on the details in a sometimes ambiguous & rapidly changing environment
- Willingness to pilot, test, & expand
- Experience recruiting or managing talent teams outside the US, ideally in EMEA
- A deep understanding of how to run a high quality, full-cycle & custom recruiting process & coach & lead a team to execute plans seamlessly
- An eye for data & KPIs that help drive decisions on processes & practices to advance our recruitment efforts
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Health, Vision, Dental, & Life Insurance
- 401k Plan (+matching)
- Flexible time off - flexible & generous
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Family Assistance Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs & Support
- Wellness Programs
- Loan-Assistance, money-management, pet insurance, & other discounts
- Phone, Gym, & commuter programs
- An international work environment with a startup culture
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Learn More about Fandom
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Fandom, one of our core values is We Serve a Global Community. Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & it's grounded by our active efforts of inclusion. As such, we're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, & we do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We invite you to complete the optional section below. This information will help Fandom with our reporting requirements & help us learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool. Completion of this section is entirely voluntary & has no impact on your opportunity for employment.
New York Fair Chance Act