Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Sr. Product Manager will engage in processing initiatives with focus on network-based solutions for business opportunities & regulatory requirements. We are looking for motivated individuals who can provide thought leadership in uncertain & undefined environments, provide high impact to the organization andflawless execution.
This is an individual contributor role in the Network Initiatives & Strategy team. Our team is reshaping network processing to make it more forward looking by introducing new capabilities supported by machine learning & artificial intelligence. The role will be anchored in Foster City, but may require occasional domestic/international travel to work collaboratively with in-market teams.
- You internalize & deeply understand Visa's mission & strategies.
- A driver personality - Being incredibly truth seeking, you constantly push toward clarity & delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves & tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- User-centricity - You powere through challenges because you were unwilling to makehurdles your users' problems.
- You will manage one or more business initiatives, gather requirements, drive execution with laser-focused quality, develop a long-term vision for AI based processing solutions.
- You will have strong desire to lead & effectively manage business problems by synthesizing complex & often incomplete information, while working with cross-functional teams consisting of individuals from Product, Strategy, Engineering and/or Legal.
- You will develop frameworks, approaches, solutions & recommendations through situation analysis of the challenges that effectively & efficiently address the most impactful opportunities & challenges.
- You will bridge the gap between business & technology & partner with peers in other functional areas & across global/regional teams in developing an understanding of the competitive landscape & consolidating country and/or client feedback to reach key decisions
- You will produce insights & analyses to improve performance, drive understanding of issues & provide strategic guidance for new initiatives
- You will be a subject matter expert, providing knowledge sharing, mentoring & training
We are looking for someone with a worldview, a technologist's attention to detail, a business owner's approach, an entrepreneur's creative thinking & a real passion for the payments. A sense of adventure & the ability to immerse themselves in brand new environments with every new assignment will be critical to success.
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field required. MS, PhD, or MBA optional.
- 5 to 7 years of progressively more responsible business experience in electronic payment domain
- Prior experience with Merchant Services and/or managing Merchant facing product is a plus
- Good understanding of APIs & experience with exposing products/services via API is a plus
- Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy & flawless execution with high attention to detail & quality for all work products
- Multi-functional project management & strategy development skills & experiences; ability to manage deliverables & to coordinate, work productively with, & demonstrate results to other Visa divisions
- Crisp interpersonal & executive verbal/written communication skills.
- Interest in building new Products, grounded in invention & innovation.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours & support ocassional meetings to support our business globally.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work upto 10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.