Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data & technology to make it simple. This gives our customers the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, & we are growing fast. Ready to come along for the ride?
We are looking for an experienced Logistics Specialist to oversee the daily operations of our logistics providers & to provide a best-in-class car delivery support experience for shoppers. As the market leading automotive marketplace, with over 30 million active car shoppers a month, & over 26,000 paying dealerships on our platform, this role will touch a broad audience. You are the front-line & by engaging directly with our logistics providers, drivers & customers, you will make real-time decisions to solve partner & customer support escalations.
This is a highly visible, hands-on role & you need to be able to both deep dive & solve partner escalations as well as zoom out to work with data to identify root cause solutions. You will play a key role in growing & executing a strategic part of CarGurus Digital Retail business & will have a chance to take on progressively challenging opportunities where you can stretch & develop your analytical & operational capabilities. If you want to have an immediate impact within a rapidly growing organization, have an affinity for customers & have a knack for solving operational challenges wed love to hear from you!
What Youll Do:
- Responsible for coordinating with logistics providers to ensure vehicles are successfully delivered on behalf of our customers & dealer partners
- Effectively resolve escalations & logistics support cases with high quality, speed, empathy & accuracy
- Monitor & maintain the health of key operational metrics with logistics providers
- Proactively support scheduling & rescheduling of vehicle shipments & deliveries
- Liaise with operations, product & customer support stakeholders to provide feedback that will drive partner & operational improvements
- Cultivate & strengthen logistics carrier relationships with our partners
- Become a subject matter expert on all CarGurus logistics products
- Work a flexible schedule as business demands, including some weekends & holidays
What Youll Need:
- Bachelors Degree
- 2-3 years of logistics, transportation and/or customer service experience preferred
- Automotive industry knowledge beneficial
- Proven track record in building relationships & handling operational exceptions with appropriate communication & levels of engagement
- Excellent organizational & time management skills with great attention to detail
- A customer-centric approach to problem solving
- Quantitative problem-solving skills & ability to analyze data sets
- Comfort working in a dynamic & sometimes ambiguous environment
- High degree of comfort using Excel
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women & other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat & see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning & development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks & benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, & more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace, but trust & transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves & their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
We recognize that flexibility plays a critical role in enabling our people to thrive in both their personal & professional lives. We currently welcome Gurus into our Cambridge, MA office on a voluntary basis but do not require employees to physically be in the office. We will adopt a hybrid working model when health experts & government officials in our local communities deem it safe to do so. Specific arrangements within this model will be up to team leaders discretion; we encourage you to discuss your questions & needs during the interview process.
All US CarGurus employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. This helps us to safeguard the health of our employees & their families, our customers & visitors, & the community at large.