At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
As a Sr. Data Scientist at TpT you will be working with data engineers, data analysts, & business teams including Product, Marketing, & Finance to find valuable insights about our marketplace, our systems, & our users. Youll use advanced research techniques such as statistical modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, & data visualization to explore data, test hypotheses, identify underlying causes & patterns, & find the best ways to turn these insights into better decisions & product improvements.
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Strong experience using statistical techniques to model & explain user behavior on web sites.
- Advanced knowledge of R or Python for data science, including reproducible research processes, data exploration & visualization, & statistical modeling.
- Comfortable performing research in a product & business-driven, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peers across business & engineering teams.
- Outstanding communications skills, including the ability to speak clearly to technical & nontechnical audiences, present insights to groups, & write clearly.
- Enjoys mentoring teammates & teaching what youve learned.
- Statistical & mathematical depth equivalent to a Masters in Applied Statistics, either from a degree program or experience.
- At least 4 years of data science experience in industry.
Extra Credit for:
- Experience with Ed-Tech or on-line marketplaces
- Experience with A/B testing & design of experiments.
- Experience with search systems, recommender systems, or information retrieval.
- Experience with advanced techniques such as NLP, Bayesian methods, statistical model selection, econometric modeling, or optimization.
- Experience with interactive data visualization tools such as Shiny, Dash, or D3.
- Open Source or professional community contributions.