Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
About the Chorus team
Chorus is a platform for digital publishers. Informed by the success of Vox Medias eight networks & internal branded content agency, Chorus is a complete media stack for brand & community building, content creation, audience engagement, distribution, measurement, & monetization. Within the Vox Product team, the Chorus team builds innovative tools that enable our editorial teams to tell compelling stories; designs dynamic, engaging audience experiences that can travel across myriad platforms & devices; & ensures our editorial teams can learn from & continuously adapt within an ever-changing industry.
We are dedicated to cross-disciplinary product thinking & vision, prize thoughtful & collaborative work, & are a remote-first organization.
What You'll Do:
- Improve & iterate our front-end codebase & create tools for best-in-class user experiences
- Work closely with design & product to launch publishing partners onto the Chorus platform
- Foster & contribute to shared values around design & engineering in a culture of constructive collaboration
- Craft systematic front-end approaches to design & partner challenges instead of focusing on one-off solutions
What You'll Bring:
- Experience with modern, accessible, responsive HTML & CSS (including tools like Sass)
- Familiarity with web templating (such as Rails views or Django templates)
- Experience in a cross-functional team where design & engineering are equal stakeholders
- A commitment to user-centered design, web standards, performance, usability, & accessibility
- Can communicate & collaborate well within a highly distributed team
- Are a self-starter who can take a challenging task & run with it
- Care deeply about the quality of your work
- Take a pragmatic & thoughtful approach to solving problems
- Have empathy for users & teammates
For more on the things we're building & problems we're solving, & what it's like to work with the Product, Design & Technology teams, see our Product Team blog. In an effort to provide an inclusive & respectful working environment, all team members adhere to our code of conduct.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.