Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
Were seeking a smart, highly-motivated & detail-oriented part-time quality assurance analyst to join our growing product staff. As a member of the QA team, youll work directly with other like-minded individuals to ensure that application functionality is thoroughly & properly tested prior to production deploys. In addition to performing testing across various operating systems, browsers & devices, you will collaborate with developers, create bug reports & provide necessary feedback on defects in both written & verbal form.
An ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment & has the ability to multitask. They are eager to assist in surfacing issues & concerns in order to deliver the best user experience possible.
What You'll Do:
- Learn & apply established testing procedures
- Aid in the creation & execution of test plans
- Troubleshoot site problems & reproduce bugs
- Enter accurate high-quality bug reports based on defined standards into bug tracking system
- Test & verify bug fixes
- Work with & provide clear, concise & relevant feedback to developers, designers & senior team members
What You'll Bring:
- Previous software testing experience (1-2 years)
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of test processes
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with various operating systems, browsers & devices
- Able to follow direction & complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal & conflict resolution skills
- Familiarity with bug tracking software
- A passion for online media & journalism/storytelling
About working at Vox Media:
This is a paid, part-time, temporary position without benefits. QA Analyst will work approximately 25-29 hours per week. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funall while maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We encourage candidates of all experience levels to apply. If the above doesn't describe you perfectly, please get in touch anyway & tell us why you want to work with us. Candidates can be based out of any of our US-based Vox Media offices, or may work remotely from anywhere within the major US time zones (Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific).
For more on the things we're building & problems we're solving, & what it's like to work with the Product, Design & Technology teams, see our Product Team blog. In an effort to provide an inclusive & respectful working environment, all team members adhere to our code of conduct.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.