WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
Hitched is the UKs leading digital wedding business providing an end-to-end service of inspiration, planning tools & a wedding vendor marketplace that couples use to arrange their perfect wedding. The central operating model of the business is a highly successful subscription marketplace that connects couples with wedding venues & suppliers. Now in its 24th year, Hitched was acquired in January 2020 by The Knot Worldwide.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Media Manager to join the UKs leading wedding brand.
We're looking for a talented, creative & enthusiastic social media native to bring fresh ideas & new perspectives to our team. You're a match if you are resourceful, able to juggle projects in a fast-paced environment, work within tight deadlines, are comfortable working independently, & have a strong sense of what defines success on social media platforms. You will report directly to the Editor & work closely with the Editorial, & Commercial teams.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for the daily management of Hitcheds social media accounts. You will curate & schedule content, as well as monitor & analyse follower behavior & make recommendations on appropriate strategies to grow followers & engagement across the assigned channels. Additional duties include developing content for posting, monitoring competitor presences, researching new channels, reporting on relevant data, & maintaining posting schedules.
- Daily management of Hitcheds social media channels, including & not limited to Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter & YouTube. This may include some engagement with followers outside office hours - during the evening & at the weekend
- Curate & create daily content that builds meaningful connections & encourages follower engagement
- Lead on existing social media franchises (such as our bi-weekly IGTVs, weekly real weddings, & Daily Essentials news debrief) & take briefs from editorial, marketing & commercial teams
- Engage with followers on a daily basis, participating in conversations that surround our content & brand
- Help build Hitcheds awareness across all social media networks
- Monitor & report on health of channels
- Monitor & report on competitor channels
- Collect, aggregate, & analyse data to extract insights & communicate findings
- Creating winning social copy for commercial & marketing campaigns
SUCCESSFUL SOCIAL MEDIA EDITOR CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Demonstrated success with social media communities (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- In-depth knowledge of all social media platforms. This includes understanding what type of content works best on different platforms, optimising content accordingly, as well as understanding the nuances of each platform.
- Ability to collect & analyse information from multiple data sources to uncover insights, statistics, & trends.
- Experience with leveraging social media management & analytics tools (Sprout, Hootsuite, Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Strong copywriter with the ability to adapt voice to meet brand guidelines.
- Visual intelligence: must have a good eye & identify visual content that will resonate with Hitcheds followers.
- Basic understanding of Photoshop & online design tools to create & edit social graphics
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise & manage multiple projects
- Web savvy & enjoys keeping up with new content-sharing technologies online
- Ability to work independently & take initiative
- Creativity - has a wealth of fun, creative ideas
- Strong commitment to timelines, accuracy, & professionalism
- Relentless drive to create the best work possible
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
IT'S A BONUS IF:
- Understanding of videography - can run FB Live events, has a firm grasp of social video trends & how they fit into each channel
- Project management - can take a project (e.g. campaign) from start to finish
- Understanding of how to drive affiliate revenue from social media
- Stays on top of emerging social technologies & trends
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
Hitched provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. Hitched complies with applicable UK laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Hitched expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information or disability.