At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
The Dispatch team is responsible for the Matching platform that assigns Drivers to Rides by optimizing for marketplace dynamics & product requirements. It interfaces with core services & product teams to ingest the state of the marketplace, solves, & coordinates the assignments on behalf of them.
The Dispatch Driver preference team leads the effort to build & deploy features to give Drivers more control & transparency while maintaining Marketplace health. The team of engineers & scientists partner closely with the Driver organization to take on some of the most radical changes to the Lyft Driver product offering & tackle the significant infra changes needed.
- Lead & organize a team of backend engineers & scientists to deliver critical features on the Matching platform
- Build a roadmap to tackle immediate needs while also challenging core assumptions the Matching Platform was built upon & provide future product optionality
- Compassionate people lead, invest in the growth of the team, be a mentor & a coach as needed
- As a key leader of the Dispatch leadership you will be a critical part of defining the team's goals & roadmap & improving processes
- Define & communicate goals & requirements with your cross organizational partners
- Work closely with the Science team to develop a deep understanding of the Marketplace allowing you to enforce that product launches do not degrade it
- Identify initiative to improve the health of the Marketplace
- The work responsibilities of this role are expected to take place based on the NYC or SFO Time Zone
- Led an engineering team to build & maintain highly available backend services
- Highly technical engineer, has a track record of diving deep in complex systems
- Experienced with incident response & operational excellence
- 3 years of people management
- Marketplace experience would be preferred
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states & U.S. territory: Alabama, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Puerto Rico
For candidates living in Colorado the expected base pay range is $182,160 - $211,600 depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience & geographic location.
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States & Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated & up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated & up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; & 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state & local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.