Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as aSystems Administrator, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for providing Shared Infrastructure support across, in particular the Visa corporate systems environment.
This position requires significant strength in root cause analysis & proactive enterprise improvement analysis.
This is a professional level position & requires strong execution & analytical abilities. This role works independently & receives minimal guidance.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Expert in deploying, managing & maintaining large enterprise virtualization technologies including Cloud, KVM, Docker containers, Kubernetes, OpenStack (HOS), & Hyper-V
- Proficient in managing enterprise class converged hardware including Cisco UCS, HP & Hitachi HDS.
- Proficient in troubleshooting storage related issues as it relates to Hitachi HDS storage arrays, extending to the basic support knowledge of Brocade storage switch technologies.
- Strong technical analytical & troubleshooting skills, & possess an ability to explain technical concepts & provide guidance to staff.
- Proficient to expert scripting & automation skills converting manual & maintenance functions into fully orchestrated automation.
- Must have strong knowledge & experience in system monitoring techniques & tools supporting unattended operations.
- Strong system security awareness & knowledge in OS hardening.
- Ability to operate in complex, highly secure & highly available, operations environments & interact with the technology domain experts required to maintain those environments.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. Coaching other members of the support team, sharing technical & customer knowledge in a helpful & timely fashion.
- Responsible for partnering with the Platform, Engineering & Delivery Teams to deliver seamless infrastructure support for all Visa business lines.
- Responsible for adherence of established ITIL practice.
What we're after
Experience of enterprise management & support where overlying critical services must maintain high availability at all times.
- Qualification & experience must include:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar field
- Expertise in Virtualization & Container technologies such as Docker, KVM, Kubernetes, OpenStack (HOS) & Hyper-V.
- Expertise in infrastructure technologies such as HP blade server, & Cisco Blade UCS.
- Strength in scripting automation against Windows, UNIX. BMC Atrium Orchestrator experience is highly recommended.
- Unix Systems Administration experience required, Windows experience is a plus.
- Experience supporting a 24x7 Operational environment, requiring shift support
- Working experience with infrastructure components (LAN/WAN/TCP IP)
- Self-motivated with the ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
- Ability to coordinate activities within cross-divisional & cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities & assignments
- Excellent verbal, written, skills; in particular, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical & business issues & solutions to multiple organizational levels internally & externally
- Strong understanding of process orientation, understanding of project management techniques, methodologies & best practices
- Candidate must have demonstrated & be prepared to exhibit initiative & ownership of consistent delivery success
- Ability to set goals & objectives, prioritize, & manage situations to satisfactory completion
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.