Galileo is building the future of healthcare - today. Using innovative mobile technology & human-centered design, were looking to improve the quality & affordability of medical care for all -- including those with Medicare & Medicaid.
Based in NYC, our company is founded by a successful entrepreneur (One Medical, Epocrates), led by a top-notch team, & well-funded from some of the best investors in the country. We seek curious, talented, team-oriented individuals with a diverse set of backgrounds who ultimately want to make a difference.
What Youll Do
You will join our product engineering team to work closely with our clinical, design, & product team to build digital products that deliver personalized care. This is a rare opportunity to work with doctors, designers, & operators to redefine the way patients receive healthcare. Specifically, you will:
- Help build clinical applications & data services that empower providers to deliver care to patients at the unprecedented scale of modern telemedicine
- Create intelligence platforms that store knowledge from seasoned medical experts inside an in-house clinical brain & medical constellation
- Design performant, robust APIs to support mobile & desktop clients
- Make improvements to existing backend services to make them more performant, reliable, secure, testable & maintainable
- Influence technical architecture across the company & build systems that delight your colleagues
- Help build a diverse & highly capable engineering team
Who You Are
You have experience in developing backend services, troubleshooting & debugging issues. Mission-driven work excites you, greatly & youre eager to fix healthcare through new technology. You have worked on iterative, cross-functional product engineering teams before, & enjoy finding optimal solutions that balance usability, extensibility, engineering investment, & business implications. You are a great communicator & you take care to understand before making yourself understood. You also have the following:
- 3+ years of professional experience in developing backend services for data-driven web applications
- A strong understanding of data modelling & relational databases
- Familiarity with AWS, specially EC2, RDS, SQS, S3, Lambda
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch and/or Redis
- Willingness to jump anywhere in the full stack
How We Hire
Galileo is committed to hiring the best talent from a range of backgrounds & experiences, - including but, not limited to - gender, ethnic, political, economic, religious, sexual orientation, & other personality traits. We believe in a strong culture that fosters teamwork, excellence & sound decision-making -- one that is based on mutual respect & trust. We appreciate candidates who are open & honest about what theyre looking for so we can ensure its a fit on both sides.