Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Special Projects Manager to join our Operations team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in sourcing, project management, & product development. You will report into the VP of Operations & this position will be based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- This is a highly cross-functional program management role. You will interact daily with teams such as Quality, Sourcing, Product Development, Design, Logistics, Production, Fulfilment, Finance - & many more!
- Project Manage cross-functional initiatives to Source & Manufacture in a way that is both more scalable & more sustainable.
- Build & grow relationships with manufacturers & suppliers, particularly manufactures & suppliers that arent currently part of the Away network, but present future potential partnership opportunities.
- Formalize Aways sustainability framework & establish key metrics by which to measure progress. Responsible manufacturing is a critical pillar of the Away Supply Chain team. We are focused on being environmentally & socially conscious in our materials & production processes, & partnering with manufacturers who align with our beliefs.
- Lead recycling strategy & programs. We currently have global recycling programs, but they require regional & overall expansion. Negotiate costs for new partners & be creative in ways to improve margins across the board.
- Be agile in developing new programs as quickly as they come on - including building calendars, communicating timelines internally & externally, finding strategic program partners, developing business cases, negotiating costs & aligning across teams on key inputs needed & milestones to be reached.
Who you are:
- 6+ years experience in Sourcing, Product Development or Product Management at a physical product-based company.
- Extremely detail-oriented, bright & focused.
- Proactive in taking on multiple projects simultaneously & seeing them through to
- Strong communicator with excellent written & presentation skills.
- Motivated to learn sourcing & development, & grow from these learnings.
- Collaborative within the immediate team & more broadly with cross-functional teams.
- Understands & appreciates how small details affect the big picture.
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Thrives in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!).
- Education requirements didnt limit the career of our co-founder Jen Rubio, & it won't limit your opportunities at Away either. We do not restrict our application pool based on education degrees. If you have strong professional experience, we want you to apply!
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.