Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Financial Analyst, Europe FP&A (L4) is primarily responsible for assisting with the expense & headcount planning, budgeting, forecasting & performance tracking activities across the European region.
What we expect of you, day to day.
This person will be part of a team that will be responsible for the end-to-end process to:
- Deliver financial forecast modelling primarily focused on expense & headcount performance across Europe
- Monitor Europe's expense performance & determine multi-year financial plans & commitments, financial budgets, forecasts & gaps
- Deliver financial management analytics & communicate business implications from analysis
- Execute other planning & performance analysis
- Assist with developing a culture where optimising performance is everybody's responsibility to assist with the delivery of our strategic & financial goals.
- This role will report to the Director, Europe FP&A, & will be based in London at our Paddington office.
- Assist with planning, budgeting, forecasting & performance tracking activities on expenses & headcount across Europe
- Assist with modelling & exercises to increase profitability, efficiencies & performance that contribute to short to multi-year regional/country specific goals
- Assist with effort to quantify financial results from activities & initiatives identified during the planning process as part of the annual budgeting process
- Assist with effort to deliver expense & headcount budget that will be followed by entire European organization
- Communicate business insights from ongoing monitoring & modelling of various metrics & benchmarking resources
- Proactively track performance of the European business to provide insights that drive actions or remediation plans & ensure delivery of key activities & annual/multi-year goals
- Assist with Management of KPI's related to expenses & headcount target setting process along with global counterparts & other key stakeholders
- Build in-depth knowledge & drive deeper understanding of Visa's business model & levers across the organization, particularly the Finance Business Partners
- Assist with the design & implementation optimized & repeatable expense & headcount planning processes with clear requirements, shortened cycle times & simplified processes
- Assist with management of system changes & implementation of new expense & headcount planning tools in collaboration with Financial Systems Strategy, IT & Global Finance teams
- Assist with preparation of financial analysis & meeting materials with Reporting function
- Work closely & effectively with other finance functions & global/regional teams
- Advanced degree or equivalent experiencein high performing global companies
- Excellent critical thinking skills, & focus on intellectual rigour & strong business ethics
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills & ability to successfully promote collaboration across different teams & interface with people at various levels across the organisation
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills & ability to clearly communicate insights from financials to assist with business decisions
- Action-oriented with a can-do attitude to resolve tough business problems with well-structured analyses
- Excellent analytical & quantitative skills; outstanding financial modelling skills with an understanding of financial applications & databases
- Experience in Finance & Strategy/Planning, including good understanding of accounting concepts
- Intellectually curious, able to engage, enable & inspire others
- A hands-on approach to all activities with real passion & high levels of energy. Agile & comfortable adapting to different environments
- Creative & resourceful in overcoming barriers & unexpected roadblocks. Courageous in spirit, driving change through innovation
- Possesses high personal standards of ethics & integrity towards employees, stakeholders & customers
- Diversity of thought & experience. Continually seeks new perspectives & feedback, takes an inclusive approach
- Eager to seek a challenge & expand frontiers; brings a visionary approach. Sets & meets a high bar of goals & principles
- Committed to building a community through Visa's Leadership Principles
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.