Who We Are: [Taken from Current Dataminr Career Page]
We are Dataminr, the world's real-time information discovery company that turns information chaos into opportunity using groundbreaking AI & machine learning technology. Our ability to find & deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant & actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector, corporate security & communications industries.
Headquartered in New York City with over 400 employees, Dataminr has raised over $570 million from leading venture & growth technology investors. Along the way, we've been referred to as the "super tool of journalists & hedge funds" while also receiving numerous awards & accolades from our clients, including being named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 list in 2014 & 2016, & the Forbes Cloud 100 in 2017 & 2018.
Working at Dataminr means you'll be a part of a challenging & dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful & influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You're a Business Analyst with experience driving initiatives to support company growth & operations. You love making sense of large amounts of data, developing models & conducting research to inform decision making, & creating presentations to convey strategic insights. You're highly analytical & detail oriented.
You take the initiative to own projects & deliver results with the goal to make the organization more successful. You're passionate about bringing your strategic, analytical, & data skills to a growing organization. You will work with a cross-functional team of product managers, data scientists, engineers - to solve challenging problems.
- Drive insights through analytics, reporting, & visualization: Conduct data analytics & modeling, define business metrics, & develop dashboards to drive both day-to-day decision-making & long-term strategic-setting
- Build executive-level & client-facing presentations: Collaborate with multiple parts of the organization to assemble & convey company performance & strategic insights for internal & external audiences
- Assist in development & execution of strategic, operational, & analytical initiatives: Design, oversee, & assist in the execution & implementation of key company initiatives
- Complete ad-hoc executive requests (e.g., compiling internal documents for a particular initiative, researching datasets of interest, providing analytical/data support for performance management)
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from top tier university
- 1+ years in Business Analyst or similar role within management consulting, investment banking, operations, or analytics
- Excellent attention to detail & highly organized with demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects
- Exceptional analytical & quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic & fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- High level of proficiency with analytical & presentation tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint, Google Sheets/Slides)
- Experience in or a willingness to learn analytic languages (e.g., SQL, Python) or visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.