We are currently looking for a Manager, Workplace Services to join our Workplace team.
Youll be a strategic thinker with strong admin skills & experience working in fast paced office environments. Demonstrated experience in facilities, hospitality & organizational management would put you ahead of the rest. You should pride yourself on your quality of work & relationship building skills. Diligent follow-up, attention to detail, & an ability to develop & execute best practices that align with our culture, will be a big asset.
If you thrive in an exciting & evolving environment, you'll play a critical part in scaling our team.
What youll be doing:
- Answer calls in a timely manner & to company guidelines.
- Meeting & greeting internal/external guest maintaining confidentially & discretion at all times.
- Provide information & resources by proactively identifying guests needs.
- Highlight any common issues being experienced by guests. Gather common issues & feedback & find strategic resolutions to ensure the experience is being elevated long-term.
- Act as the local Workplace brand & service ambassador to promote our services, amenities & events.
- Assist with internal communication. Develop content & draft Workplace communications for approval. Ensure timely distribution of all communications.
- Assist with internal special events & promotions as required. Plan & execute internal special events as required. Manage all vendor communication & logistical planning.
- Provide high end, premium service to represent our brand.
- Maintaining all areas of our Workplace ensuring it looks pristine at all times.
- Booking couriers, cars, carry out various ad hoc administration duties & provide administrative support as requested/required.
- Manage entire mailing process including creating shipping labels, scheduling pick-ups & escalating issues with the vendor & the operations team.
- Oversea meeting rooms to ensure they are ready at all times.
- Assist with conference room bookings, manage events calendar & assist with providing solutions to accommodate all meeting requests.
- Initiate Workplace access card flow in conjunction with Security.
- Highlight any health & safety issues to Workplace operations & to those who may be in breach of requirements.
- Work with Workplace Operations to ensure the requirements for your location are delivered (ordering supply, scheduling vendors, etc).
- Work closely with other Workplace & cross function teams (HR/Legal/IT/Finance) to ensure we are delivering our services consistently locally.
- Other duties that are deemed appropriate for the role at managers discretion.
Who are we looking for:
- 5+ years of operations & office management experience, preferably in a fast-paced tech environment, hotel, or professional services environment.
- Strategic thinker with an analytical mind.
- Ability to operate calmly under pressure & manage competing priorities.
- Strong personal awareness.
- Strong communication skills (oral/written).
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies.
- Enthusiastic, committed & determined.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Sense of humor.
- Eye for detail.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
We have amazing people.We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development.We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you.We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future.We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity.Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea.Who needs anything else?
About Group Nine
Group Nine reaches more people on mobile than any publisher in the U.S. Our mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. With nearly 45M Americans engaging with our content every day [source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, January 2019], Group Nine's brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans ages 18-34 every month [source: Nielsen, December 2018]. Audiences spend nearly 3 billion minutes a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; Thrillist, the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. In 2017, Group Nine acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion & Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.