About Rent the Runway:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for full time Membership Experience Associate to join the growing Customer Experience team at our Dream Fulfillment Center in Secaucus, NJ. In this role, you will be responsible for clear & concise communication around the smartest way to get dressed & general perks of membership. Your ultimate goal: increase subscriber loyalty through relationship management & customer education of the subscription value proposition. You will consistently analyze & share customer feedback, & contribute to developing new techniques to ensure customer retention. As a Membership Experience Associate, you will be trained on all aspects of the RTR brand, CX tools/systems & will have the opportunity to be exposed to various aspects of the business.
What youll do:
- Consistently deliver exceptional service via Rent the Runways communication channels (phone, email, live chat, SMS) to drive loyalty among subscribers
- Listen & offer creative alternatives to cancellation with the utmost care & respect
- Demonstrate strong problem solving abilities in a customer facing environment
- Work to increase customer retention through relationship management & customer education of the subscriber value proposition
- Execute cancellations accurately by capturing the cancellation reason, collecting feedback, & updating membership status
- Meet individual & team goals & key metrics
- Share customer feedback & information with other team members & leaders in order to continuously improve & evolve the customer experience, specifically subscription
- Serve as a proud brand ambassador of Rent the Runway, championing our core values to democratize fashion
Who you are:
You are Empathetic able to see situations from the customers perspective & provide the best solutions that are aligned with Rent The Runway core values.
You are a Communicator must be an excellent communicator, able to listen well & understand the needs of our customer & the business. Express ideas clearly & directly; persuasively communicate to produce positive results.
You are a Problem Solver must be a quick thinker & decision maker in a fast paced environment; make sound, timely decisions that lead to results.
You are a Great Listener allows the customer to speak. Ability to read between the lines, ask questions & offer appropriate support.
You are Dedicated committed to providing a Cinderella Experience during every customer interaction.
You have Strong Integrity honest & ethical in all interactions in & outside of the learning environment; uphold company values & policies; maintain the integrity of the content & delivery.
What you need:
- A college degree (due to the high volume of written communication that this role entails)
- 2+ years of experience working in a customer-focused environment
- Ability to work 40 hours per week -- can include days, evenings & weekends. This is a full time role.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!