The Leaderboard Engineering team is responsible for the core leaderboard experience when someone takes a Peloton class. The leaderboard shows a persons real time ranking or presence in the class. It is one of the most heavily used features & serves some of the largest traffic within the Peloton system.
We are innovating on new & improved user experiences & tackling some of the most challenging problems at scale facing Peloton.
- Staff & manage a team of engineers responsible for developing & improving Pelotons leaderboard system.
- Collaborate with Product to define Leaderboard product & technical roadmap & drive for its execution.
- Establish team level KPIs to measure the effectiveness of the teams output.
- Implement best practices in architectural design & mentor team in these practices.
- Motivate & drive a continuous performance-based culture within the team. Provide adequate management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1s & other forums as needed to support the group & individual development objectives of team members.
- Improve development efficiency by identifying & automating workflows, as well as establishing effective processes.
- Manage program & project risks appropriately; Identify & mitigate internal & cross-functional dependencies & blockers.
- Drive technical decision making through objectively assessing trade offs based on architecture, scope, business priorities, & impacts to product experience.
- 5+ years of experience in team leadership & technology management
- 5+ years of software development experience. Demonstrable experience in having improved reliability & scalability of high traffic web applications.
- Experience in & good understanding of large scale & highly performant distributed systems architecture & principles as it relates to request processing, caching, storage, partitioning, & replication.
- Experience setting a strong vision & roadmap for the team & able to execute on it through leading by example.
- Familiarity with CI/CD & how to incorporate test automation into development workflows.
- Experience working with Agile methodology & delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team.
- Ability to identify the strength & weaknesses of individuals in order to maximize team effectiveness
- Ability to mediate between competing product & technical priorities; align priorities & goals through collaboration with technical leads & product managers.
- Effectively communicate between teams & within teams in order to drive alignment & increase effectiveness on delivery.
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) & based in our New York City HQ once safe to re-open the office.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.