Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Software Engineering Intern to join our Engineering team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
As a member of our 12 week internship program, you will have the unique opportunity to work alongside an exceptional group of technologists while developing hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment. Your growth & success are paramount to us: Youll have the direct guidance & mentorship of one of our experienced engineers, & will be matched with a team that best suits your interests. We'll make sure that you have a thorough understanding of the different types of problems were solving; so that you can work on projects that not only excite you, but drive meaningful, real-world impact.
Oscar engineering builds industry-leading software that aims to transform the healthcare experience. We work on high-impact projects across our front-end, mobile, platform, & data teams; building rich web applications, product backends & services & the infrastructure that supports it all.
Typical Projects Include:
- Public-facing full-stack applications which inform our members about available plans & support the user in making the best choices in a complex domain
- Interactive care router using React & Google Maps, backed by a healthcare guidance engine based on NLP techniques
- Building easy-to-understand interfaces for our internal teams that aggregate & distill complex data sets
- Ingestion of health events via a real-time data pipeline, & a timeline to let members view their health history including doctors appointments, lab results, prescriptions, etc
- Building & improving the software infrastructure we run on: cluster management, service discovery, continuous integration
- Android & iOS apps for members to access their health information on the go & track their fitness activity
Who You Are:
- Excited to take part in reinventing healthcare
- Have experience in a systems language like Java, C++, or Go, & a scripting language like Python or Ruby
- Want to work closely with product & design teams
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.