GoCardless vision is to build a global connected payments network, making payments simpler on the internet no matter what country youre in or what software youre using.
Today, we help over 40,000 businesses across the UK, Europe, Australia/New Zealand & North America collect payments, & were growing fast. Last year we opened an office in France, Australia & Germany. We work with a huge range of organisations: small gyms & scout groups use us to reduce admin; fast growing companies like Funding Circle use us to power their growth; established institutions like The Guardian, Doctolib, La Fourchette, Sowee use us to dramatically reduce failure rates.
Our strategic partnerships with best-in-class billing platforms such as Zuora, Salesforce & Chargebee have been critical to our success in reaching over 40,000 business & will be key to our future success both locally & globally.
Were London-based & backed by some of the worlds leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners & Notion Capital.
The French team
France being the largest market outside of the UK for GoCardless, the company has ambitious plans to scale up in 2019. We expect to grow through a combination of existing relationships with global & local partners (e.g., Zuora, Salesforce, iRaiser) & merchants & dedicated Sales & Marketing resource focused on building demand in the country.
Our office in Paris is located near Gare St. Lazare, Rue de Londres. We have a team of 15 sales, partnerships, marketing & customer success people. The team is only growing as we scale up.
This is a senior individual contributor role. This role is ideal for a growth-minded marketer looking to work on the French marketer for a rapidly growing London HQ-ed fintech company.
As the French Marketing Manager, you will work closely with our France General Manager & the International Marketing lead to scale our business in France. You will be responsible for identifying the most attractive pockets of opportunity in the market to develop the right Marketing approaches to unlock them. To do this, you will need to work closely with our local Sales & Partnerships teams & with a range of Marketing teams in our London HQ (including Digital, Marketing Operations, Content Marketing & more).
You will own the Go-To-Market Marketing plan & budget for France & be responsible for setting our milestones & tracking performance against company KPIs. Your day-to-day role will vary, encompassing a wide range of activities across a number of different channels.
The sort of projects that wed expect you to be involved with include: planning & executing the GTM marketing vision for France; growing awareness for GoCardless in France via PR, Events & thought leadership & local influencers; identifying data-driven strategies to scale leads & opportunities for France; working closely with the central marketing team to deliver content, campaigns, digital & email marketing for France.
- Drive the local France go to market marketing strategy, plan & execution
- Understand the local competitive landscape
- Identify/develop innovative program metrics/benchmarks
- Align with Sales & Marketing teams as needed to plan & execute near-term go-to-market (GTM) plans
- Work with internal stakeholders locally & centrally across our Sales, Marketing & Partnership teams and, where needed, external providers to deliver these plans
- Track, measure & report progress for marketing activities against KPIs
- Problem solving mindsets to troubleshoot roadblocks
- Highly motivated self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit that likes to both strategise & execute
- Well rounded B2B, Enterprise and/or SaaS related marketing experience (ideally tech-enabled), with broad knowledge across growth channels, events & content development
- Proven record of high performance in your previous positions
- Define & deliver Marketing budgets & plans
- Performance & data driven marketer
- Develop & manage campaigns
- Proven track record for enabling Sales & Marketing alignment around processes, funnel & more
- Comfortable with CRM, Marketing Automation systems & measurement tools (e.g. Salesforce, Pardot, Google Analytics, Looker, Tableau)
- Experience working with third party vendors, agencies & freelancers
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with virtual teams
- Fluent in French & English
Ideal but not essential
- Previous experience working within the payments industry
- Account-based marketing experience would be a plus
We welcome a wide diversity of applicants, & our team are from a variety of backgrounds, so if youre unsure please apply.