Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that combines engaging, leveled content with integrated formative assessments & insights to supercharge engagement & learning in every subject. Students & teachers use Newsela to find digital content from hundreds of the best sourcesfrom National Geographic to NASA, Biography.com to Encyclopedia Britannica, the Washington Post to the Wichita Eagle. Content is instructionalized to meet students where they are, with interactive tools & analytics to take them where they want to go. Newsela has become an essential solution for schools & districts, with a presence in over 90% of U.S. K-12 schools. Newsela is the content platform for the connected classroom.
As a key member of our Sales management team, you will lead & manage our Sales Development Representatives who are responsible for inbound & outbound lead generation. As a Manager, you will identify new opportunities & create strategic plans to break into new markets.
You will be responsible for driving best practices & implementing new technologies for lead generation. In addition, you & your team will work collaboratively with Marketing, Inside Sales & Field Sales teams to strategize & ensure the effectiveness of lead generation campaigns.
- Create realistic & appropriate goals, & put action plans in place to achieve them.
- Lead all mentoring & coaching activities to build high performing lead generation team.
- Consistently monitor lead generation activity of the team & track results. Ensure data integrity & appropriate use of Salesforce.
- Recruit, hire, onboard & train sales development representatives & sales support.
- Oversee tracking of forecasts & create reports to demonstrate progress.
- Meet & exceed team-based & company KPIs.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelors Degree
- 3+ years experience in a management or leadership role.
- 2+ years of experience in lead generation or sales role.
- 1+ year experience in a SaaS company.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally develop & coach team members.
- A team player you have a track record of working collaboratively as part of a larger team on a mission.
- Process-oriented you are obsessed with efficiency, removing roadblocks for the lead generation team.
- A solid communicator you enjoy working with internal partners to solve problems.
- Entrepreneurial you thrive on creating things that didnt previously exist.
- Analytical you love to mine data, unlocking key insights that drive strategic decision-making.
- A passion for education, technology & literacy.