Client Partner, Global Accounts, Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands & retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, Save Money. Live Better, we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted & accountable & we have Walmarts sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart & our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online & offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmarts overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, & agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmarts in-store & online data, extensive reach, & to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing & buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, & convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking experienced sales professionals to help build & sell Walmart Media Groups advertising solutions to our key partners benefiting from our proven conversion driven & brand building solutions. Youll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid & dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; & problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
As a Client Partner on our Global Accounts team, you will report to an Industry Manager & use your 7+ years of experience selling digital advertising solutions to Walmarts largest marketers. With your broad & long-standing client-side & agency relationships, consultative approach & deep understanding of the digital advertising landscape, you will act as a strategic partner to your assigned clients & sell a broad range of advertising solutions that will ensure that their business goals are met. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in selling cross-network marketing & creative solutions to multichannel advertisers.
With a proven understanding of both online & traditional marketing, this role will align with an Account Manager & counterparts within the Sales organization, to develop industry-specific marketing relationships & to drive revenue by negotiating & optimizing complex opportunities with strategic clients. Success in this position will require a proven ability to reach & influence executive level customers, ecosystem partners (PMD's & Agencies) close new business, & provide holistic marketing solutions.
- Revenue: Reach & exceed sales quotas while contributing to overall vertical & team goals
- Account Planning: Develop & actively manage short & long-term account plans based on client brand & performance marketing objectives
- Relationships: Develop & broaden high-level collaborative relationships, understand & identify contacts that manage multiple budgets (brand, shopper, DR, video, etc.), & close large JBPs with the Fortune 500 marketers
- Vertical/Industry Expertise: Partner with teammates & cross-functional partners to structure & execute operational & strategic initiatives developing account plans, synthesizing market related data, leading client analysis & defining the overall business approach to Walmart Media Groups success with digitally focused businesses
- Prospect: Prospect & penetrate organizations to drive alignment & influence executive & day-to-day contacts to execute against account plan
- Measurement & Insights: Collaborate with measurement partners to create learning agenda & to help clients measure the impact of Walmart Media Groups measurement solutions
- Pipeline: Accurately & effectively manage sales pipeline in order to prioritize business opportunities & resources
- Thought Leadership: Serve as an industry thought leader in creative & digital advertising in order to drive creative & client success leveraging Walmart Media Groups ongoing product & technology developments. Create & deliver consultative sales presentations using industry knowledge, market trends, & Walmart Media Group marketing solutions
- Executive Presence: Exhibit executive presence & confidence in presenting Walmart Media Group to CEOs & CMOs both at Walmart & at Suppliers/Marketers
- RFPs: Create & present needs-based solutions & high quality objective based opportunities to RFPs
- 7+ years experience in Marketing, Creative, Brand Advertising, Performance Marketing, e-Commerce Sales, Digital Video Sales, and/or Online Advertising
- 7+ years experience managing client direct accounts
- 3+ years experience as a proven strategic advisor working with C-Level clients
- Strong track record of high-level negotiation & successful internal & external relationship management
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, & diligent follow-through
- Proven track record of successfully reaching & exceeding sales revenue goals through consultative sell
- Strong understanding of Walmart consumer behavior & how Walmart helps suppliers, marketers & consumers
- Strong analytical & Excel skills are essential, as well as curiosity, persistence, & the ability to solve problems in a structured manner
- Strong ability to apply operational rigor, methodologies & use technology to execute, assess, & explain complex brand & performance marketing solutions
- Experience in a fast-paced startup, sales, and/or online advertising environment strongly preferred
- Excellent communication & presentation skills