Our e-commerce software engineers build engaging online shopping experiences to enable Pelotons customers to find the right product to improve their physical & mental health. We work collaboratively with several departments throughout Peloton, including sales, marketing, support, accounting, logistics, operations, & studio to deliver outstanding customer experiences.
We are looking for full-stack software engineers who are passionate about building features that delight users, strive for excellence in execution & delivery, are great teammates, & are self-motivated to continue learning & improving our software architecture.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
Cultivate a deep understanding of our e-commerce software while working on an agile team of Product Managers, Designers, & other Engineers to deliver elegant, intuitive, accessible, bug-free, responsive, & user-friendly interfaces as well as build, integrate & evolve key components of our platform.
- Full-stack web application development with a variety of languages & technologies across our technical stack (see Qualifications for more details).
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability, scalability, & internationalization.
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair/mob programming & leading whiteboarding solutions, team discussions, & task breakdown.
- Promote iterative development to deliver bug-free code, using best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, & monitoring in order to ensure confidence in our release process
- Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, & call out potential trade-offs.
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, & design docs to help promote a culture of learning & constant improvement.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Become a domain expert in e-commerce by working closely with our PMs, designers, product analysts, & our business partners in other departments.
- Ability to collaborate with both remote & in-person teams.
- 1+ year(s) of software development experience recommended.
- Familiar with observability & monitoring.
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, & always willing to learn new things.
- Ability to contribute positively in a high-growth, constantly evolving environment.
- Good understanding of object-oriented and/or functional programming design principles.
- Acute attention to detail & dedication to quality.
- Excellent communication & teamwork skills.
Bonus Points if You:
- Are familiar with at least one backend framework like Spring (preferred), Django, Rails, or similar.
- Have experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Have experience working within e-commerce & third-party payment gateways.
- Have worked on a system concerned with e-commerce problems like Product Catalogs, Carts, Orders, or Payments.
- Have familiarity with Git, GitHub, GitLab, or similar version control systems
- Have experience doing code reviews of coworkers contributions
- Have experience contributing to the architecture & design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, & scaling) of new & current systems.
- Are able to take a project from gathering requirements through actual execution & delivery.
- Enjoy talking to product, design, & business partners to better understand the problem space.
- Have excellent time-management skills.
- Take the initiative to tackle problems.
- Have curiosity & a desire to continuously expand your skillset.
- Understand agile, lean, & DevOps principles.
- Attend meetups, conferences, & participate in the software engineering community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.