Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE VOICES INCUBATOR
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) launched Grand Challenges to bring the worlds brightest minds together to solve our worlds most pressing challenges. By investing in small grants & holistic support, the Challenges foster innovation & experimentation for social impact. The Voices for Economic Opportunity Grand Challenge was launched to address the persistent toxic narratives about poverty in the U.S. In addition to providing $100,000 to 28 organizations, activists, & storytellersBMGF is partnering with Purpose to design,support, & strengthen this community through the Voices for Economic Opportunity Incubator.
The Voices Incubator provides resources for participants around community & collaboration, learning & training, & testing & experimentation to support the creation of breakthrough creative, scalable & strategic interventions that begin to shift harmful narratives on poverty & economic mobility in America.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Purpose is seeking a Creative Producer of Training & Learning to join our diverse & exciting team. One of the key offerings of the Voices Incubator is a dynamic, virtual, & equity-centered curriculum for participants to learn from each other & access leading research on narrative change so that they can better change hearts & minds through their own creative projects. The Creative Producer of Training & Learning will help design the Incubators online gatherings & learning sessions, including a Virtual Convening with the full Incubator cohort, as well as homeroom sessions with tailored pairings of participants. In addition to developing the technical experience of our Training & Learning program, the Creative Producer will manage our relationships with experts & facilitators who present to the Incubator group, support the facilitation of online digital communications, & engage participants with accessible interactive tools. We are looking for someone who has experience managing virtual events or workshops with learning communities, project management expertise, & is comfortable with interactive tools.
We're looking for team players with passion, a sharp mind, high integrity, a hands-on attitude, & a collaborative, problem-solving spirit.
The role reports to the Voices Incubator project leads & is based in Purpose's New York office, with flexibility on location.
- Build & manage relationships with a diversity of partner individuals & organizations, from high-level funders to national nonprofits, legal funds, & local organizers
- Plan, manage, recommend, collaborate, & coordinate between team members to deliver interactive learning sessions & experiential events
- Implement learning strategy, planning & production
- Manage virtual events from strategy alignment, briefing, & design development through production in partnership with key stakeholders
- Coordinate with external facilitators, researchers, & performers to ensure through-line of experimentation, accessibility, & equity are maintained within all learning opportunities
- Consistent communication with all team members, from core team to stakeholders, management & beyond
- Respond to & interested in best practices in virtual events & sustained curriculum with remote, impacted communities
- Budget management, including vendor contractors, external facilitators, & expense invoices
- Create & maintain detailed timelines / work plans for all project deliverables & key milestones; hold delivery teams (i.e. strategy, campaigns, creative, freelancers, vendors) accountable to project plans.
- Work with Senior Program Manager & operational teams at Purpose to ensure the Lab is supported by & capitalizing on the resources & expertise in-house.
- Support the project team in sharing key learnings & insights from cohort experience to external partners, building a unique incubator model that can be replicated for future projects & groups.
Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years in virtual event management and/or project management for cause-based organizations & leaders
- Experience designing online curricula or training programs geared toward frontline leaders & organizations within the US
- accessible approaches to diverse learning styles
- Highly skilled in external communications, with a keen ability to know just how much information is enough to share to get the wheels turning
- Demonstrated track record and/or interest in narrative change & persuasive storytelling, particularly as it applies to perceptions of economic inequality & mobility within the US
If these are things that get you out of bed in the morning we want to hear from you:
- Thinking about how to make the world a better place
- Obsessively thinking about the user experience & how to share learnings across diverse audiences & partners
- Telling stories that stop the heart & move the mind that place the impacted voice at the center
Please submit your resume & a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion & qualifications for the role.
Purpose is an equality opportunity employer! We take on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.