Were looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team in Toronto & work with an innovative & fast-paced Canadian tech company. This is an excellent opportunity to accelerate your career development & were looking for developers who are eager to learn & grow both on the technical side & professional side.
The work we do requires complex problem solving, the ability to write high quality code in a very large & scalable deployment environment, an understanding of Agile software development, Continuous Integration, well-developed communication skills & the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people. Were looking for the right combination of personality & ingenuity to push our product to the max, inspire those around you & have fun doing it. We use a wide range of programming languages & technologies; more than anything you need to show us who you are as we greatly value people & interactions. Do some research on the company & be prepared to discuss what we do. If you cant figure it out, make sure you have some great questions prepared. We want our Engineers invested in our business & aware of the impact their effort makes.
Heres what we want:
- Experience & Leadership: You know how to work within a team of developers & can help mentor & guide junior members as well as leverage your experience to make sound decisions
- Problem Solvers & Team Players: You dont stop until the problem gets solved & you find more than one way to solve it. You love working with other people, presenting your viewpoint but ultimately working towards the best solution, regardless of where it comes from
- Knowledge Hungry: Learning new frameworks & languages is exciting to you youre not satisfied with the status quo. We use a variety of languages & tools to solve problems & we're interested in what you're looking to learn
Heres what you have:
- A Computer Science/Software Engineering/Computer Engineering or related degree. Equivalent experience is fine but you need to have the foundational concepts of Comp Sci covered
- 2+ years of experience as a full-time Software Engineer
- A desire to work with & learn from the people around you. Its tough to be an individual contributor in this type of environment & compromise & negotiation are key qualities
- Experience working with Linux environments, resilient & scalable platforms are an asset
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration environment with unit tests & automated tests as part of the development flow
Why youll love working here:
- Work out of our downtown Toronto office
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication & collaboration
- Free snacks, beverages, & catered lunches on Fridays
- Flexible hours & a relaxed dress code
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) & milestone outings
- Full healthcare benefits, paid vacation, unlimited sick days, 5% RRSP matching, discounted gym memberships & more
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYAt Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email IX.AllHumanResources@indexexchange.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).