The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines & voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, & Jaguar Land Roveras well as organizations like the U.S. State Departmenttrust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites & across the entire search ecosystem.
The VP, Investor Relations role will collaborate with the SVP, International Finance & IRO, & the Chiefs of Staff of both the Offices of the CEO & Office of the CFO in developing & executing a best in class Investor Relations strategy, operating plans, budget, & tactical elements of the global IR program. The primary operating objective of the IR program is to educate & update investors & security analysts about the company, including communicating Yexts strategic direction & financial results to investors & the analysts in accordance with the provisions of SEC Regulations FD (Fair Disclosure) & through press releases, conference calls, analyst conferences, bus tours & roadshow events. Collaborates with a broad spectrum of internal organizations (CEO, CFO, treasury, finance, legal, public relations, marketing, sales operational areas, customer success & others) to ensure strategic communications on activities supporting Yexts operational goals & objectives.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for heading Yext's Investor Relations program, reporting to SVP Finance & CFO, partnering with the CEO, CSO, CRO, GC, CAO & the Director of Finance Operations.
- Serve as a key company spokesperson to the financial community by establishing & maintaining strong relationships with analysts & investors.
- Plan & manage quarterly earnings releases & conference calls.
- Develop key themes & issues to be presented & work closely with executive staff to communicate strategies.
- Direct earnings press release development, earnings call scripts, slides & Q&A materials
- Develop & execute on a long-term investor targeting plan to maintain current investors & develop prospective investors
- Maintain a comprehensive targeting dashboard to track current & prospective investor interest, activity, engagement, & conversion
- Provide final feedback & approval for all external press releases & key business & product announcements
- Broaden awareness & interest in Yext through financial conferences, non-deal roadshows, analyst days & company visits/meetings
- Lead in the strategy, planning & management for all investor relations events including analyst meetings, conferences & presentations.
- Develop strategies for content, frequency & appropriate involvement of executive staff in these events.
- Brief and/or coach management to ensure appropriate preparation/messaging for all investor meetings
- Work closely with key members of senior management (and corporate communications as appropriate) on public responses to time-sensitive issues impacting the companys financial performance
- Develop & continually improve investor relations plan, creating strategies, communication messages, tactics, timelines & budget
- Direct & execute the collection, analysis, & presentation of feedback to the company of investors perceptions & opinions, relative stock price movements, & periodic ownership analysis
- Competitive analysis tracks & summarize market intelligence & competitive information, including summarizing earnings calls, research notes & events related to Yexts competitors.
- Prepare Quarterly Board of Director updates for the CFO
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, external partners, & key shareholders to develop a proxy solicitation plan & manage the annual proxy solicitation process
- Manages day-to-day operations of Investor Relations team; Member of the companys disclosure committee
What You Have
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of investor relations & finance experience
- Established reputation with buy & sell-side analysts & institutional investors
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication & relationship building skills with the ability to convey company strategy & messaging, externally & internally
- Solid understanding of financial statements, strong analytical skills
- Strategic thinker with a demonstrated track record of success
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment & work proactively with other functions to understand the company's story & vision
- Exceptional written & verbal communications skills
- Excellent judgment & ability to motivate & lead a highly functioning team
- Must be extremely well organized & able to handle changing priority
- Comprehensive knowledge of the current regulatory environment; FD & SEC regulations
- Possess a high level of integrity & sensitivity to confidential information
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.