We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That's why we built the world's leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing & sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries & new products. We're working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We've raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, & SoftBank.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate to help develop, test, & improve existing & new technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Research Associate supporting product & technology development, you will work with members within the team & interface with multiple teams including process engineering, clinical operations, bioinformatics, quality control & regulatory affairs. You will be hands on in the lab & be involved in the design, implementation & validation of new technologies related to liquid biopsy sequencing assays for the detection, treatment, & monitoring of all cancer types.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Involved in operation of liquid handlers & Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) instruments
- Sample preparation for assays in medium to high throughput environment for NGS
- Log & track samples (Development & Validation) throughout the NGS workflow
- Maintain appropriate inventory of lab supplies
- Analyze data & troubleshoot issues within the tech dev team & among other teams
- Collaborate with all functions within project teams
- Engage in early design of products & perform experiments both independently & under the supervision of Senior team members.
- Be able to present updates, write reports & SOPs, & contribute to technical discussions
- Support the writing of protocols & reports for FDA submissions
- Experience with handling biological samples (i.e. tissue, blood & other biofluids)
- Excellent written & oral communication skills, with experience in documentation
- Experience with NGS assays or nucleic acid-based assays
- Hands-on with process automation for nucleic acid extraction & sample preparation
- Experience working in a regulated product environment
- BS +5 years of industry experience, or MS + 3 years of industry experience, in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related field.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacyNotice for Job Applicants.