Sales Director, Origination
Location: New York or Hybrid Remote
We have an office in New York City & this position can be based in the office or hybrid remote (subject to your existing legal right to work in the jurisdiction).
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the worlds largest banks & most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, & Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes & democratizes app development & distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast & intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Googles Chromium & GitHubs Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, & robust security with an agile web development & deployment model to accelerate digital transformation & innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to deploy & run more than 3500 apps at more than 2400 financial institutions.
About the Role
We are hiring for a seasoned Sales Director, Origination to join our growing US Sales team! Sales Directors (SDs) within the Origination Group are responsible for expanding OpenFins footprint across & throughout the broader Financial Services landscape. The SD will work to build new relationships & penetrate firms & vertices with whom OpenFin is not actively engaged. Driving adoption of the OpenFin technology across new vertices & increasing the overall customer base is at the core of this position's responsibilities.
Commercial success will be achieved by building & maintaining a significant pipeline of opportunities, effectively communicating the OpenFin value proposition, & developing a customer centric solution. The primary measure of success for this role is achieving sales targets. SDs will also represent the company at industry events & assist with lead generation strategies.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of previous experience in generating & closing significant deals. Preferably with a substantial amount of time dedicated to enterprise SaaS/software/technology business sales, within the financial services market, while being well versed in sales processes that accelerate successful outcomes. Experience selling to banks & asset managers along with a strong network is highly preferred.
- Generating new business by identifying prospects & initiating effective contact
- Building & progressing a significant pipeline of opportunities & navigating the complete sales cycle
- Partnering with customers to understand their ongoing business needs & objectives
- Effectively communicating the OpenFin value proposition through proposals & presentations
- Quickly developing a deep understanding of OpenFins product & underlying technology & an ability to communicate OpenFin product benefits to senior business & technology stakeholders
What Were Looking For:
- Extensive experience in SaaS sales with a proven track record closing six figure enterprise deals (seven figure deals experience is a plus/desired but not required)
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products & services to drive a sales process from plan to close
- Excellent technical aptitude & the ability to understand OpenFin product offerings & position products against competitors
- A genuine enthusiasm & interest in both technology & OpenFins product
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, listening, negotiation & presentation skills
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies & to enable our customers to do the same. We pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding & supportive culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn & innovate, & overall, have a good time doing it. We value & appreciate that our employees have a wide set of interests & experiences. Getting to know each other & forming relationships is important, which is why we regularly host offsite events, happy hours & virtual social hours, in addition to having a variety of Employee Resource Groups to participate in. Our environment is conducive to a productive & enjoyable learning experience -- aligned together, moving fast & working to create compelling solutions for our clients.
RECRUITERS NOTICE: Recruiters - if you wish to reach out to us regarding this job posting, you may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org in order for your communication to be reviewed. OpenFin will review these communications if external help is needed for a position. Agencies may not contact individuals within our organization with solicitations. Firms that do not follow these guidelines risk having all communication from their firm being blocked. We thank you in advance for your cooperation in following our process.