Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that combines engaging, leveled content with integrated formative assessments & insights to supercharge engagement & learning in every subject. Students & teachers use Newsela to find digital content from hundreds of the best sourcesfrom National Geographic to NASA, Biography.com to Encyclopedia Britannica, the Washington Post to the Wichita Eagle. Content is instructionalized to meet students where they are, with interactive tools & analytics to take them where they want to go. Newsela has become an essential solution for schools & districts, with a presence in over 90% of U.S. K-12 schools. Newsela is the content platform for the connected classroom.
Were looking for an amazing Product Manager to lead the development of our Reporting & Insights product area. The Insights teams goals are to help individual teachers know their students better as readers. You will work with a team of developers, designers, & data analysts to take our teacher reporting tools to the next level. Too often, data systems for educators are overwhelming, inflexible, & unhelpful. We want ours to be fun, eye-opening, & empowering.
You might be great for this role if:
- You love thinking about data visualizations & how to present them in a way that gets people to act
- You have a keen eye for great reporting interfaces - an elegant Excel sheet, a perfect pivot table, a well-designed interactive infographic.
- You have worked with education data before & understand the types of questions that teachers ask of their data (assessments, state & local standards, student progress)
- Lead product vision for our Insights area & represent the voice of K-12 teachers on a team that is responsible for achieving unprecedented levels of user engagement within Newsela.
- Establish short- & long-term product goals & strategies.
- Engage closely with our creative team & software engineers to help determine the best design & technical implementation methods & reasonable execution schedules.
- Understand & analyze user needs & conduct research on markets & competitors.
- Build & manage a product roadmap to support our goals & strategies.
- Initiate & prioritize projects, track product development, & partner with the product marketing team to develop product launch plans.
- Translate ambiguous problems into structured recommendations & clear product vision through strategic thinking, data analysis, & an insightful understanding of our customers.