Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 175 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere. The Acquisition Teams mission is to grow the Vimeo subscriber base.
We are a small team that cares about cross-functional collaboration. We encourage curiosity. We believe diverse perspectives are key to building great user experiences & technology. We believe that successful teams take the time for self care & to care for one another.
What youll do:
- Lead a team of engineers that, in addition to coding, empathizes with customers & collaborates cross-functionally to identify & solve problems
- Work individually with direct reports to optimize their career paths for growth at Vimeo
- Provide mentorship to help increase the efficiency, stability, deliverability, & maintainability of everything your team produces
- Partner with Recruiting & HR to attract & retain a diverse team of engineers through hiring, mentoring, feedback, & career development
- Develop & implement processes for building better software & better teams, & become an evangelist for architectural & organizational best practices
- Work closely with our Design & Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate & test new features
- Thoughtfully negotiate, clarify, & communicate engineering priorities across teams to make sure they align with overall business objectives
- Effectively partner with other leaders to influence strategic decisions, & advocate for & drive change on behalf of your team
- Create a collaborative & inclusive engineering environment that is open-minded, respectful, & effective, while fostering a team culture of accountability, communication, & self-management
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- a track record of mentoring & growing people
- extensive experience designing & implementing systems with clarity, reusability, testability, & scalability in mind
- ability to communicate & collaborate respectfully & effectively with both technical & non-technical teams
- experience successfully recruiting great people to your team
- experience leading & managing engineers towards delivering timely high quality software
- enough technical sense to ask engineers good questions about architecture & product decisions
- Have strong organizational ability & can break up projects into manageable pieces & complete them in a timely manner
- Pay great attention to detailwhether building a tool for reviewing videos or processing subscription payments, the details are crucial on a team entrusted with supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of professional videographers & businesses
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 175 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 600 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.