Magic Leap is a world leader in Augmented Reality devices, including our displays. We're looking to expand our projector group. This team works with both our current & next-generation display technologies, helping prototype & evaluate new display technologies, as well as calibrate & refine existing technologies. We are seeking engineers experienced with displays, image processing ASICs, projectors, color spaces, color calibration, & display signal paths interested in helping us in these efforts.
This position will work closely with our optical & electrical engineering teams on cutting edge displays, & be responsible for drivers, test suites, & more on various prototyping platforms. They'll work within the embedded software team to help write & review projector & display related drivers, including things like failure detection & recovery, or even help author tools to display specific test patterns & modes to qualify things like display sharpness, color fidelity, & more.
- Familiarity with display interfaces & digital image encoding
- At least five years experience in an embedded or display technology role
- Experience integrating & debugging drivers for SoCs, ASICs, & other common embedded platforms
- Comfortable with peripherals such as I2C & SPI interfaces
- Fluent in C programming
- Experience with the Linux Operating system helpful
- Ability to work in the Linux device driver/HAL layers
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in electrical/computer engineering or similar field, MS preferred