Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear & style, food, music, sneakers & sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, & content where it creates & distributes original programming for Gen Z & Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku & more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content & advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, & agency consulting services.
- Guide editorial voice for Complex Music, curating taste & tone of channel, & ensure that both are represented across editorial & social, exhibiting excellent judgment & audience-sensitive framing
- Manage a team of Complex Music staff writers & provide guidance to Social Editor
- Edit features across Complex Music vertical, ranging from daily features to premium & evergreen content
- Communicate with Head of Music to develop stories & strategize coverage around major moments & events
- Conceptualize strategies to best distribute content via our networks, from social media to video properties, overseeing strategy & rollout development that live under the Complex Music vertical
- Establish priority subjects & categories for coverage by working closely with the head of music & Editorial Strategy Director
- Serve as the point-person on goals across .com & social (growth, traffic, views, & engagement) for Complex Music, working closely with the Social Editor, Music to execute vertical-specific tactics, strategic pivots & provide added direction when needed
- Communicate with other departments to develop stories, strategize coverage, & spearhead new ways to attract loyal readers
- Ideate around creation of social-first ideas & tactics in partnership with video, production, & promo team for all content that lives across Music socials
- Help groom junior staff to further their growth as skilled editors, reporters, & brand ambassadors for Complex
- Help maintain & uphold a healthy & positive culture for the Editorial & Social teams
- 2+ years of experience managing a team & 4+ years of writing & reporting experience at a publisher or website
- Social media experience strongly preferred
- A deep knowledge of popular music, especially current hip-hop & R&B
- Always-on approach to work & the ability to lead & inspire a team to keep pace with the internet
- Possess a deep understanding of all social media platforms. (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat)
- Demonstrable commitment to accuracy; fact checking or copy editing background a plus
- Must be comfortable working with a broad range of cross-functional staffjunior to senior, editorial, analytics, design, etc.
- Must be willing to work nights & occasional weekends/holidays for coverage
- Excellent organizational & time management skillsability to perform in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment, & think quickly & strategically to meet tight deadlines
- Strong understanding of analytics & social media trends across platforms
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.