This role can be based in our London office or remote within the UK. We will provide all the necessary support to work remotely.
Type: Full Time - Including Weekends
Contract: Until November 30, 2021
Min. Experience: One year
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
About the role:
Dataminrs Domain Experts are an essential component of our companys success - ensuring the alerts we send to our clients are of the best possible quality & making Dataminrs AI platform more advanced. As a Domain Expert, you will monitor & analyze our data feeds & annotate, label & edit signals in real time. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process & our advanced realtime human-AI feedback loop that integrates key knowledge domains into our AI models. As a Domain Expert, you will also play a key role in defining new factors to improve our alerts, data source coverage, machine learning & AI models. Please note that this role requires rotational weekend work as well as projects & meetings outside of business hours.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who (1) thrives in a real-time information environment; (2) is a mission-oriented team player who wants to make an impact on the world; & (3) be an expert on breaking news & world events
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required. International Relations, Communications/PR, Journalism, Political Science, or a closely related field strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in a fast-paced startup, newsroom, GSOC, or military preferred
- Highly adaptable & able to juggle multiple competing priorities during fast-paced events
- Deep understanding of geopolitical & risk issues
- Ability to monitor & analyze data in a fast-paced environment in English; ability to read & understand a second language preferred; Arabic, Persian, Russian, French or Mandarin are preferred.
- Passion for breaking news, current US & world events, technology, & a great understanding of both social media & publicly-available data
- Ability to work both collaboratively & independently within a team
- Strong online research skills
- Enthusiastic approach to innovation & strategic thinking
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Monitor & analyze the quality of our data feeds
- Annotate & label complex breaking news events
- Own & develop projects to improve our AI models
- Regularly conduct QA of data feeds to ensure quality standards
- Make real-time decisions with incomplete data
- Work with multiple stakeholders across all offices to support region-specific training
- Collaborate on & communicate about daily priorities in a team-centric environment
- Identify any software issues to elevate to our product & engineering teams
- Be a contributing team member, offering peer & upward feedback as necessary
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents such as Health & Dental insurance, Vision Care & Income Protection & Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals, Bi-monthly company outings, Dataminr Yoga
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical wellbeing, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.