They say "sitting is the new smoking". We're here to get more people moving...
Gympass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find an activity they'll love among more than 600 activities across the U.S., Europe, & Latin America. Our goal is to multiply the number of people exercising at every company to create a healthier & more engaged workforce.
Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York, we have a growing team in 30 offices around the world. Our mission is simple yet ambitious: defeat inactivity, & we know the only way to get there is together, partnering with companies, gyms & having the best talent.
As the Office Assistant you will be the face of the company. We are looking for someone who is proactive, self-motivated, & willing & able to work autonomously.
What You'll Do...
- Welcome our guests, assist with arrival, office orientation, & departure
- Take initiative to proactively address guest needs & answer questions
- Maintain appearance & organization of the office (reception, conference room, kitchen & all common areas)
- General maintenance & improvement (coordination of equipment repair, minor repairs, coordination of furniture installation & maintenance)
- Report any safety concerns or violations to superiors
- Inspecting paper levels in copiers & fax machines, replenishing as needed
- Assist with all food & beverage, including, but not limited to making caterer & menu recommendations, setting-up food/beverage service, replenishing kitchen
- Disseminate communication & updates between building management & office staff
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned
You Should Have...
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 1+ years experience or strong internship
- Strong communication skills, both written & verbally, within all levels of the organization
- Experience troubleshooting ever-changing calendars & competing priorities
- Comfort stepping outside your regular duties as needed
- Must have discretion, & experience handling sensitive information while maintaining a high level of confidentiality
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health & welfare of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Highly subsidized employee health insurance plans, some even covered 100%
- Company subsidized Gympass on us, workout anywhere anytime for the cost of one lunch.
- Competitive PTO starting on Day 1 & floating holiday in addition to 9 company-observed holidays
- Outstanding opportunities for personal growth & career development
- An exciting & supportive atmosphere with intelligent (hey, at least we think so) & ambitious people from around the world!
- Paid Parental Leave
- Education reimbursement
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass...Check out our new Instagram account! @gympasscareers
Gympass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gympass does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.