At VillageMD, we're looking for a Director, Tax to help us transform the way primary care is delivered & how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies & support. Inspiring them with better practices & consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven & patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, & never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
Were seeking a talented tax professional to build out our tax reporting & compliance function. A person will be successful in this role if they have a strong understanding of tax rules & regulations, the interaction of those rules & regulation with financial reporting, & an ability to design processes from the ground up. This role will not have a past road map to follow, the individual in this role will be helping the Company to create our tax function from the ground up.
How you can make a difference
- Provide oversight of the monthly income tax provision by collaborating with accounting & other business units on the preparation of the various tax accruals.
- Manage the tax compliance process including enhancing process efficiencies, ensuring timely filing of returns, & setting the tone in promoting risk management throughout the process.
- Manage relationship with the external tax audit team for interim & year-end financial closes including ability to discuss issues with technical expertise.
- Direct & coordinate the efforts of external tax consultants & advisors including the appropriateness of scope & use. Oversee year-end audit provision with external auditors while collaborating with the accounting team on the external audit & financial statements. Provide annual updates to audit committee.
- Address the tax aspects of M&A, divestitures & joint venture activity, including acquisition due diligence, integration/restructuring, post-acquisition work & deductibility of acquisition costs.
- Develop & oversee the implementation of effective policies to ensure accurate & timely tax information reporting (e.g. K-1s, 1099s) on a consistent basis.
- Collaborate with senior & executive management in an advisory capacity to identify emerging opportunities & issues.
Skills for success
- Experience & strong technical knowledge of tax accounting rules under US GAAP
- Strong business & financial acumen
- Strong process & project management skills, including ability to balance multiple priorities & meet deadlines
- A keen sense of personal accountability for delivering individual & team results
- A low ego & humility; ability to gain trust through effective communication & doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- 8+ years combined public accounting and/or corporate experience with emphasis on tax provision & compliance
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA preferred
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus & a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, & generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience & enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products & services & the advancement of innovative solutions & improved quality of healthcare for providers & patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture how inclusion & diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity & inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare.We believe building trust & innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance & respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system.Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.