WHO WE ARE
Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, & more. Braze is built specifically for todays mobile-first world & tomorrows ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time & continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that arent built for todays on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, & teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, & customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, & Singapore. Weve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on's 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, & listed as #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List, & recognized by The New York Times as The Next Wave of Unicorn Start-Ups. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
At Braze, we use technology to humanize connections between brands & customers. We believe human beings want to be spoken to like human beings, & technology like ours can help brands do that at scale. Thats why how we communicate with our existing & potential customers is so incredibly important to us.
Help shape how we build those connections with our audience. You will partner with cross-disciplinary teams to activate the Braze brand voice & vision, driving awareness, & demand for our innovative technology. Your portfolio should demonstrate solid brand messaging chops across a wide variety of channels.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Conceptualize messaging solutions that maintains the consistency of the Braze brand across channels
- Lead contributor on website copy, emails & newsletters, advertising campaigns, video scripts, brochure copy, & any & all promotional material.
- Collaborate productively with other Braze teams within marketing (Lifecycle, Operations, Creative Studio, Regional, Experiences) & outside of marketing (Sales, Business Development, Customer Success, Business Insights, Product, People) throughout the creative process from concept to production
- Simplify complex & technical concepts into audience-engaging messaging
- Test & iterate to optimize response rates
- Copy for Executive presentations (primarily decks, rather than talk-tracks, though some copyediting of both)
- Nurture Email Copy
- Corporate Event (Adweek/MWC/etc.) collateral copy
WHO YOU ARE
Youre a positive, sleeves-rolled-up practitioner who thrives on navigating the shifting priorities of a rapidly evolving tech space. You take pride in writing the cleanest copy & your writers muscle is so strong that there isnt a deadline you havent crushed. Nobody unsubscribes to the newsletters you write & the infographics youve scripted go viral. The video scripts youve delivered are so clear & concise that videographers breathe a sigh of relief when they see you are partnered with them. And the digital experiences youve crafted, be it website copy or advertising campaigns, glow with creativity.
- 5+ years of professional copywriting experience
- BFA/BA in Advertising, Writing, English, or related field
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates versatility & experience within a range of content formats
- Expert in buyer-focused messaging for a B2B audience
- Exceptional communication skills (impeccable writing & editing skills)
- Knowledge of industry tools (AP Style Guide, Word, GSuite)
- Knowledge of SEO fundamentals, including meta tags
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience writing for and/or knowledge of marketing, martech, SaaS & B2B
- Ability to prioritize multiple, demanding tasks simultaneously & with accuracy
- Bonus Points:
- Experience with HTML, CMS's, Keynote, or Adobe InDesign
WHAT WE OFFER
Our aim is to foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals feel respected, are treated fairly, can achieve work-life harmony, & have an opportunity to excel in their careers.
- Excellent medical insurance & life insurance coverage for you & your dependents
- Matching 401(k)
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance work & life in the way that suits you best
This position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.