Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Weve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 650 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has fiv retail stores of the future, 11 million community members & employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
The Product Marketing & Customer Strategy team focuses on bringing to the closet-less future to life by delivering powerful customer insights, product strategy, & go to market plans. We sit within the Product & Technology organization, but we collaborate with our tech & business partners throughout the company. Our mission is to keep the organization navigating in the short & long term towards our customer north star, while also helping guide the organization to know when to let the customer lead our vision & when to have our vision lead the customer.
About the Role:
Were looking for an innovative, strategic, customer-obsessed marketer to join the Product Marketing & Customer Strategy team. In this highly cross-functional role, youll conduct primary customer research, influence the product roadmap, set go-to-market strategies, & represent the voice of the customer across Product, UX, Marketing, Revenue, Data Science, & CX/Operations. Of particular note, we are looking for someone who has an extraordinary & nuanced understanding of customer psychology. Your customer-centric mindset should be second nature to you, & you have a proven track record of delivering powerful insights & turning them into action. This role is perfect for someone who thrives at the intersection of Marketing, Product Strategy, Customer Insights, Customer Experience, & Content Strategy.
What Youll Do:
- Lead the development & execution of primary customer research, both qualitative & quantitative, as key inputs to product evaluation & development processes
- Drive packaging & cadence of voice of the customer reporting & delivery of always-on insights to product & business stakeholders
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, & UX writers to create meaningful & human digital experiences
- Lead product development teams through customer journey mapping exercise using the jobs to be done framework
- Develop breakthrough go-to-market strategies for key product launches to ensure customers know the latest updates & help them make the most out of Rent the Runway
- Partner with UX team to do user testing during the product development process
- Partner with Data Science & leaders from business & product teams to create learning objectives & produce insights to drive actionable recommendations about the future of our service
- Serve as the key liaison to CX/Retail leadership to create strong messaging for our frontlines teams to take to our customers
- Conduct competitive research & external/cultural trend spotting
- You have 5+ years experience in product marketing, brand marketing, innovation, or research/insights roles at consumer companies. Prior experience conducting primary customer research a must.
- You have a deep & innate curiosity to understand people on a deeper level, & if given the chance, would love to talk to customers all day
- You are a customer experience junkie & passionate about creating great user experiences you anticipate user needs & always advocate for them
- You are a natural design thinker & bring that mindset to all aspects of your work
- You can analyze user & performance data to establish clear measures of success & build compelling stories with data
- You are able to develop, execute, & communicate a long-term strategic vision, while also balancing immediate priorities & opportunities
- Youre a strong project manager & great cross-functional collaborator, able to give & get feedback from designers, product managers, writers, & marketers
- You possess an entrepreneurial & founder mindset, ready to take on tasks outside of role with strong agility to change & to be flexible/resilient
- You are a self-starter & work independently on projects from start to finish
- You thrive in a fast-paced organization & enjoy working hard. You take initiative & are energized by challenges. You take pride in the quality of your work.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.